Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

Where can I get this lightbulb?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 08:59 AM
Default Where can I get this lightbulb?

I went to the Chrysler (st)(d)ealer and asked for 3 lightbulbs for my headlight/interior dimmer/headlight adjustment module where all 3 light bulbs are 'kaput'.
The guy told me that they where not available and that they replaced the complete module if a light was broken
I asked the guy if they also replaced cars when the ashtray was full.. I mean wtf? Replace a module for €160,- when a light is broken?

I cannot imagine that these bulbs are not for sale anywhere...

Who knows where I can get a light like this?
PS I tried with the "normal" shorter ones Chrysler sells for the dashboard but they are too short.

Attached Thumbnails Where can I get this lightbulb?-lampie.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 09:31 AM

My best advice to you sir?

Keep the plastic part of the lamp and replace the top light emitter with an LED of any color you like, and just look at how bright those LED torches are! BTW, that light is actually from a fluorescent powder lit up by an ultra-violet LED. If you aren't an electronics engineer used to building small parts, I'd advise you to get pally with one.

He'll be able to replace the top dead emitting part so long as he uses a series resistor of around 680 to 1000 ohm. (Test first before building!) Polarity has to be right of course, the slightly longer leg of an LED being +ve. Solder it to the contacts in the white plastic base of the lamp after you've removed the top. After testing in situ, remove and fill the plastic base with some epoxy resin and let it go off. A few hours usually does the trick.
Replacing the complete module indeed...

Leedsman.
Oh, and you could raid an appropriate scrapper instead.

Last edited by Leedsman; 06-25-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:09 AM

If all fails I can try to perform the LED replacement action.. it will be a challenge
But those bulbs must be somewhere .. Chrysler buys them somewhere don't they?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:26 PM

Does the glass lamp possibly pull away from the plastic holder, as I've seen some like this before. Otherwise as Leedsman says, try a scrappy...

Old 06-25-2014, 03:44 PM

I tried to disassemble one to see if it was easy to rebuild with a LED, but the plastic was like crispy and the bulb was attached through the holder with the foot contacts.
I see no easy replacement due to the bad state the plastic was in.

But good news tho, I mailed the biggest Chrysler scrapyard in Holland (which to my pleasant surprise appeared to be located pretty close to my hometown ) and they told me to come over and check out their collection of chrysler/dodge parts, they had plenty of these switch modules they assured me.

But still it bugs me that it seems impossible to order bulbs like these anywhere..

Attached Thumbnails Where can I get this lightbulb?-2014-06-25-22.35.15.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 03:59 PM

I have the exact problem. I was hoping you had found an outlet to buy these lamps.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:22 PM

I'll continue searching and will report here if I find any

Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 PM

I saw the plastic looked a bit burned from your picture -- bad design here, there are plastics that won't burn just from a filament lamp -- like Bakelite from the 1920s?

Leedsman.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:57 PM

Try these people they are on ebay

CHRYSLER VOYAGER, CHRYSLER 300C items in UK CHRYSLER SPARES 07916 338509 store on eBay!

They Are Located At
9 Station St
Cradley Heath
West Midlands
B64 6AJ

Ive used them before and they are a Chrysler breakers i brought an abs sensor from them when one of mine went down just give them a ring you never know they would send them out return of post if they have any

hope that helps

Pete.............

Old 06-29-2014, 06:35 PM

Thx, I stored the link for future use

Quick Reply: Where can I get this lightbulb?