Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring inside Rear Door for Towbar or Info.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 04:57 AM
Default Wiring inside Rear Door for Towbar or Info.

Hi, I've finally managed to fit my Towbar after removing 4 badly rusted in M12 bolts. So to wiring and a record, for anyone else to ponder over, here's a list of the wires that come down the middle of the floor then split off at rear door to nearside(left) and offside(right) lights etc. I've still to find what they supply but if anyone has instant answer please add and I'll add to this list. Note some wires like Purple/Lilac hard to tell right colour.
Thanks.

Ahh, not uploading, will follow up.
Had to take picture of my Text & send. Not so good.

Attached Thumbnails Wiring inside Rear Door for Towbar or Info.-chrysler-wiring..jpg  

Last edited by goggs; 06-23-2014 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Wouldn't upload my Text. Had to take Picture & send.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:46 AM
Default Transfering Open office write up onto here.

Anyone any idea of how to transfer an Open Office or Word document onto here as it kept coming up not uploading/transferring or the like.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:56 AM

*.pdf files are usually an accepted standard and should open. Go to File > Export as PDF, and covert the OpenOffice.org document to PDF file. Mind you with forums you never know till you actually try it out !

Old 06-23-2014, 07:38 AM

This seems to be the Even of the Day, in-between doing other things outside when it doesn't rain. Got to get it done as I may have to do it again.
Thanks QinteQ...

Old 06-23-2014, 07:55 AM

Ahh lets try again in PDF. Voyager 2.5CRD LTD 2003.

Ahh no, starting to pull hair out now...My file of 32.2KB exceeds the Forum's Limit of 19.5KB for this file Type...Its only on an A4 sheet....

Old 06-23-2014, 01:24 PM

Try,

- scan it
- save it to desktop as a jpg
- open with paint
- click on select
- draw a square tight box around what you want
- click on crop [this will get rid of white space]
- save it over the original name
- use imgur to send it up to the net
- select the 4th down imgur link [Forum and BBS] on the RHS
- copy and post that link to send it down to this forum using the 'insert image icon' in here

Sounds convoluted but takes only about 60 seconds to do.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by goggs
...I've still to find what they supply but if anyone has instant answer please add and I'll add to this list.
With my 2004 Voyager I disabled the annoying BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, that sounds whenever you operate the power tailgate. I cut one of the cables near the door cill but unfortunately I can't remember which one it was, I can't even remember how I traced which wire it was but if the wire for the beeper was at floor level then it's possible that all cabling to the rear is routed that way. Apart from the rear lighting you'll also have rear wiper, washer, probably the motor for the door, park assist if you have it and even power to the side windows.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:38 PM

I'll try QinteQ suggestion, dam'd I'll get it eventually, as it'll be interesting to see where all those wires go. 31 wires to nearside. 14 wires to offside.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 AM

Tried QinteQ suggestion but ended up with 1/4 picture after scan and 377KB, I'm not quite into this thing. Anyway got picture printed and took picture with my Pad. Looks not too bad.

Attached Thumbnails Wiring inside Rear Door for Towbar or Info.-chrysler-wiring-pic..jpg  
Old 06-24-2014, 06:38 AM

Paint - you did the select and crop correctly, you overdid the resize [trial and error - what looks right is about right] and made it too small, it should have been 50% bigger on both axis and you forgot to rotate before saving and sending to imgur. All in all it is ok and readable.

Quick Reply: Wiring inside Rear Door for Towbar or Info.