Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

2002 pt cruiser

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
I dont know about U Tenn I have worked in both dealer and aftermarket shops and both have there ups and downs. The dealer some times cost more per hour then other shops. U haft to see it both ways one they cost more because they send us to training and haft to buy special tools to work on this stuff or Chrysler wont pay for the warranty and u know as well as I do the training and special tools arnt cheap by no means. The training gives us inside to what makes the cars tick and how to work on them better with out guess work. Even though we still have hacks in every shop.

The aftermarket shops will have good and bad guys just the same some know alot about a little and some will know a llittle about alot. There is no training in after market shops but the stupid ASE's oh boy take a test every 5 years and see if U know what U know about a GM car. Anything learned in there U learn it by a top tech that has been around for awhile and pass the info down the line. This is an age old crap that wont go away. I wish that we could implement a program at the dealer or shops that will show in a graph or something like that to a potentiality paying cust what a tech can do and what his training is so they can pick who they want to work on there car. This would give less come backs make the people that have spent many many years doing this there do worth and force the younger crowd to step up there game and get good at there jobs. Instead we deal with favoritism and who kisses who *** the best the new guys get the 30ks and light BS work and when it has been around teh whole shop for an issue no one can figure out they had it to the guy it should have gone to in the first place and have it taken care of.

This is why I am my own boss now if it does not get done I am the only one to blame.

i am wondering how long will it take p 1684 to go away?

Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

never its a null code ne way nothing to worry about

Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
never its a null code ne way nothing to worry about

ok so i got all the codes taken care of went and got care inspected today and replaced the battery with new one all codes went away but fan wasnt working so got relay switch changed and now that works but since they replaced that now the codes p 1388 p 0302 p 1684 p 1685 are coming up again i know 302 is crank sensor 1684 is nothing to worry about and 1685 is something with key and we thought maybe low battery was cause and when we replaced that last nite with new one it went away but i dont know what 1388 is and if these could be coming up cause they did work on it today and maybe battery should be undone and redone again to reset it could you tell me what 1388 is please and what would possibly be the reason for all these codes to come on again? we just replaced the crank sensor not a year ago but warrenty is already out for milage on it but hope thats not it and not the computer cause i heard the computer is about 900 something and know the crank sensor is 300 something i just want to get it running to try and sell it if i knew they where going to be this big of a headache i wouldnt have bought one to begin with........lol but any help or info is better than nothing for sure