Forum Issues Need help with Chrysler Forum? Ask. Have a suggestion to better Chrysler Forum? Tell us here.

CF Issue - insufficient priviledges

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Default CF Issue - insufficient priviledges

I'm a newly registered member as of 7/13/11. I've activated my account (CS2000) and was able to post a couple of threads. But now I'm unable to create and upload photos in UCP and also attach images to threads. I don't see the album/photo link in UCP.

Is there another step to newbies besides the activation?

your help is greatly appreciated,
Carl

Old 09-21-2011, 01:41 PM

I have been a member since 2009 and have this issue also. Granted, I dont post much so I imagine it has something to do with how many posts you have. Kind of a hassle.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

talk to all the spammers that are on here and I get to ban about 3 a day

Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm unable to edit my post. And is it possible to delete my thread and account?

Old 03-29-2012, 07:10 PM

im new here since a few days ago and i cant post anything and cant even look at pictures on the site . is there a reason for that ? or did i miss something?
any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM

ChryslerKid,

Your guess is as good as mine; have yet to find any info about this issue for newbies or a clear response. This is the first forum I've signed up on that has this strict permission for newbies. IMHO, my understanding of a forum is to welcome new members.

Good luck to you

Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 AM
Default Genuine Chrysler fan/owner wanting to enjoy a few CF features

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
talk to all the spammers that are on here and I get to ban about 3 a day
Dear Chrysler Tech,

Thanks for your efforts in creating and maintaining this forum for us members that clearly are very passionate about the Chrysler brand and I can understand the need for strict forum moderation when it comes to posting messages and pictures to block spammers and the like, but is it not a little unfair to block a genuine enthusiast that wishes to view a picture that is in the photo gallery when clicking on a thumbnail on the CF front page and getting the response:

vBulletin Message
HellasHaggis, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it possible to enable a system that requires us to validate ourselves in a way that would prove our presence here and intentions are honourable and have no interests to plug other sites, products, services in the way that spammers do, and prove that we are genuine on the forum and only visit here to find help and share with others our knowledge and passion for the all that is Chrysler?

As much time as you may spend in deleting spam posts and blocking users that do not abide by the rules, I appreciate the additional time that you would take to respond to us Junior Members that send mails such as this to you.

Again, many thanks, sincerely.

HH

Old 03-31-2012, 07:03 AM

Thank you for editing the settings to the forum. It is brilliant to be able to view the pictures of other cars and enjoy the CF features too.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:51 AM
Unhappy Can't edit or upload pic

I just joined about an hour ago. Received notice that my account is activated. I even answered one of the posts. But, when I tried to view and edit my profile it states that I do not have permission to. How can I even have a profile if I cannot access it? Wanted to put my pic (the one I use) in with the profile and use as an Avatar but was denied that also. Maybe I'll just read and sit in my corner and mind my own business. Would prefer to be a contributor.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Kennyk
I just joined about an hour ago. Received notice that my account is activated. I even answered one of the posts. But, when I tried to view and edit my profile it states that I do not have permission to. How can I even have a profile if I cannot access it? Wanted to put my pic (the one I use) in with the profile and use as an Avatar but was denied that also. Maybe I'll just read and sit in my corner and mind my own business. Would prefer to be a contributor.
Same here, been a member quite a while and can't even view a member's profile or send a PM, how come?

Quick Reply: CF Issue - insufficient priviledges