General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

05 Pacifica windows,door locks, gascap, etc

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Default 05 Pacifica windows,door locks, gascap, etc

Hi,
for the last month, I've had issues with the power seats, gascap & check engine symbols on dash,power door lock malfunction to passenger sidefrom buttons on ignition key and/or fromdrivers' side arm rest controls, plus passenger side only power windows controls (again from the drivers side arm rest control panel)....whew!!
first the Gascap symbol was showing up so I got a new gascap, plus had the dealer check for emission leaks...all tested ok....while this was going on the electric seat controls,passenger side door locks and windows wouldn't work from the driver's side arm rest then I disconnected the battery...reconnected...now the power seat controls work, the GASCAP symbol is no longer kicking on (or the check engine light)...but the power windows and locks on the passenger side, still aren't funcioning from the driver's arm rest.
Another dealer told me there is a modulein the drivers armrest that's having issues with a electrostatic discharge problem, and to go to a salvage yard , get that and the door handle, cause this stuff is all related somehow...
After another total reboot, with a battery disconnect...everything came back, for a short while then went out again...
wierd, but the symtoms, tell me it's some kind of electronic control module, but what would tie all this stuff in together....I'm firmly convinced the gascap symbol kicking on is related to some bootup, startup module that does it's thing when the car starts up...
any ideas appreciated...
thanks,
Terry

Old 04-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Default RE: 05 Pacifica windows,door locks, gascap, etc

With all of that going on, I would have to think it is a Body Control Module. I don't know anything about the Pafifica, so I do not know if it even has a seperate BCM, but in most cars that do have them, when that much stuff starts going wrong that usually is the cause and the fix.
It's only an 05, so why is the dealer telling you to get the parts from a junkyard? It seems to me that if he told you to get those 2 parts because the are related to that problem, that Chrysler has to know about the existence of the problem and should cover it under a warrenty. Have you asked about that? I would appreciate you letting me know how you make out with this.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:41 AM
Default RE: 05 Pacifica windows,door locks, gascap, etc

Thanks,
I'll check yet another dealer in the area...and ask them...
The car is out of warranty, so the dealer that told me to get one from a salvage yard quoted $250 for the module that's in the driver's arm rest...however, he was notsaying this would fix the gascap/check engine coming on at startup.
He just said this would be the recommended fix for the loss of control of the seats.
as a side note, last night the seats were working , the passengers windows worked, the gascap light wasn't coming on, but the passenger locks would not work from the key or driver'sdoor...
I'll keep you posted.
Terry

Old 12-21-2013, 12:32 PM

MY drivers side control panel is not working. the window will not operate, the seat selection buttons do not work. the light on the door is operating. I'm guessing a fuse but do not know which one to check. Need ideas.