General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2006 Cruiser No start

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Default 2006 Cruiser No start

Got a question;
A little background on myself, i am a full time mechanic. But i am a little stumped here. My sister has an 06 cruiser non turbo automatic. If you go out in the morning to start it and unlock the door with the key get in it, it will start right away. Drive it for however long you wish, doesn't die or anything like that. get where you need to go shut it off and it wont start back up. When it doesn't start theres no fuel. And theres no power at the fuel pump. If it sits for a length of time, you can get in it, with using only the key and it will start up again and drive where ever you wish.

Ok heres another scenario;
If you go out in the morning and use the key fob to unlock the doors, the vehicle will crank but will not start. I've tried locking it with the door then letting it sit to unlock it with the key fob and still nothing. When it doesn't start theres no power at the fuel pump. There is spark and noid.

When it starts the THEFT light works as it should. When it doesn't start the THEFT light doesn't even come on. I put a new battery in the key fob just in case. I've scanned it and nothing there. The battery in the car is also new. I like to consider myself a technical person but ill admit it when i'm stumped. i'm half tempted to go around this security system, but my 17 year old sister will be driving it and i just want it to be right for her. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-06-2013, 10:23 AM

Could possibly be the Wireless Control Module (WCM) causing screwing no start symptoms. Have seen other PT's with the WCM causing no start issues.

Good luck on getting this resolved soon!