General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 Concorde no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Default 94 Concorde no start

Hi All

I have a 1994 Concorde, 3.3L with 3268XX KM that has been running fine until now.
Two days ago I jumped in the car, hit the key and it started right up (as always) and ran for about 2 seconds and then died. O.K. I thought, it is cold out (first big snowfall of the year) and it stalled. No big deal, turned the key and it just rolled over without so much as a cough and that was it. Went back out today and for the fun of it, tried it again and noticed the following;
[ol][*]When I turned the key to run the check engine light did not cycle on.[*]All the lights for the shift position remain on no matter what gear I select.[*]Although there is pressure at the fuel rail (do not have a pressure valve, but when I pushed the valve in, gas spurted out) I can not hear the fuel pump run.[*]I tried to pull the codes from the computer by turning the on. off, on, off, on etc and still no check engine light or codes.[*]When I turn the key to start, the starter rolls the motor over with no problems but it does not fire.
[/ol]When I remove and replace the fuses under the hood I can hear the relays clicking, so I am assuming they are good. Unfortunately I do not have my test meter here to check (conductivity) them properly.

Being the nice guy that I try to be, I had backed the car in a little tight to the side of the driveway so my G/F could get her car in and out easier. Unfortunately now I can not get the drivers side door open enough to access the fuse panel. I did pull the cover off and by what I see, there is no fuse for the p.c.m. or anything else that might cause this.

Am I missing something here (please say fuse in the fuse panel ) or have I got bigger problems?

A friend is on his way over to help push the car enough to get the drivers door open and while he is hare I am going to hook up a timing light to confirm there is no spark nut any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Rob

Old 12-06-2007, 02:59 PM
moe
Default RE: 94 Concorde no start

HEY WHO! DID YOU SAY YOU HAVE SNOW THERE?IS IT POSSIBLE YOU KNOCKED A WIRE OFF THE TRANS.THIS WOULD EXPLAIN THE TRANS SHIFTER LIGHTS ALL BEING ON,AND A NO START.YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THAT FIRST.MOE.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Default RE: 94 Concorde no start

Finally got it pushed forward today and while working through the fuses. the dash came to life so I tried starting it and it fired right up.
Shut it off and started it a few times and took it for a test drive.
Shut the motor off and when I went back an hour later it was doing the same thing. Pushed on the fuses and it fired up.
So; good it runs, but bad that I seem to have a bad connection or ground behind the fuse panel that needs to be found and fixed.
Anyone know if this is a common problem and if so, where should I start looking?
Not looking forward to this one. I HATE troubleshooting electrical lol.