General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Acess to chrysler Update Site (Dealer Connect)??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Default Acess to chrysler Update Site (Dealer Connect)??

Anyone have any info on this Issue where if you add a feature not currently on your vehicle you must log onto http://Dealerconnect.chrysler.com in order to update your VIN# Info and enable you feature to work?
I just read about that for the first time when I was looking at installing Fog Lights off of the Chrysler MOPAR Store.
It looks to me that I would not be able to install the foglights or basically anything that requires it be enabled by computer without having to go to a dealer is this correct? If so that really Irritates me, I do not like being told I cannot do this or that to my personal property and I really get pissed when I have to pay somone to do something I shoudl not have to do in the first place, What is the reason for this anyone know?
I sure hope that if I cannot access the website and enable features I install myslef that I do not have to pay somone else to access that or I will make sure any thing I do install will be done without anyone elses knowledge and I am very capable of doing that also.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

sorry we dont build the things we just fix them

u will need to go to a dealer they will put there 5000.00 machine on it and and reconfigure the software once Chrysler corp has updated the vin to include the fog lights.

dont try and get around it dont be a smart *** and try and do it yourself I can see this is your mind set u will simply be asking for trouble and your own cost.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:57 PM

I will make sure any thing I do install will be done without anyone elses knowledge and I am very capable of doing that also.
Thats not the point.... Chrysler doesnt care if you have foglights or not...

What is going to happen with that...You install the lights, and the wiring pigtail, and a New headlight switch with the fog lamp button on it. It wont work, because the computer needs to be told the vehicle has fog lamps....The dealership will add a line to your Option list, so That the fog lamps appear in the options. The UPDATED vehicle configuration is then downloaded and instaled into the FCM, where it all comes together and VOILA...they work just like they were born there.
Chrysler isnt really interested in what you put in your vehicle, But the vehicle itself needs certain information to interface with new equipment.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:00 AM

ya I realized this is a much more integrated and technical vehicle then I had even imagined, I have never owned something this new or even anything close on features or one which was so computerized.
I learned about mechanics and repair back in early 80's by working with my dad and studying his Motors Manuals he had. So I am grew up rebuilding my own alternators, Starters, Carbs etc. took me awhile to get used to the practice of replacing them instead.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:13 AM

I was thinking it may be that the computer needed to know to turn the lights on and off but I was not sure, I wonder why they changed from the old way pre-computer controlling everything as they functioned the same and I never had any issues, Heck I remember installing some KC 150 watt Daylighters on my 1980 Datsun King Cab and all I had to do was run wiring to lights, on/off switch and a wire from my Hi/Low beam relay type thing and they would work with parking lights and low beam and turn off when Hi beams when Hi beams were on with no computer. I actually used them for off roading so I reversed it and had them off with parking and low beams and only come on with high beams as they were far to bright to use anywhere but out in the woods.
It will take me awhile to get used to the technology implimented in these vehicles and I may end up never working on it myself as I have no intention spending great amounts of cash on tools to comunicate with the computer and rewrite the codes.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:22 AM

Djinn-N-Tonic, so I should not purchase the kit from Mopar Parts and install the lights as the instructions show? Are those intended for the Service Techs only? I actually thought the whole process was quite simple and pretty well thought out with new plastic panels included with light holes so you could just remove and toss old non fog panels and snal in new ones. The VIN update had me a bit confused as to its purpose but I understand now. Is it very expensive to have the process done?

Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM

It is as simple as it sounds to install it. There is NOTHING "Service Tech" about it.

The update to the option list is because of two things...1) the vehicle didnt come with it, so the necessary software and wiring was not installed...Cost efficiency....

2) the update software is still MUCH cheaper than a Module replacement...If the vehicle had been so equipped, it would have a different FCM....You could also replace the module to a Factory Equipped Unit....but the update is cheaper , and just as effective.

You could also go Aftermarket....And Not have to do ANY reprogramming...but it would be a "Stand-alone", Instead of Integrated. If you are like me, I prefer not to drill holes in My dashboard to accomodate a Toggle switch that is 5 times too big for its purpose.

The Mopar Kit will put everything where it belongs, IDENTICAL to the factory equipped Vehicle. If done Neatly and properly, and with the addition of the Option Upodate to your vin...It will be , in every way...A 05 T+C with Factory Fogs.

Just a side note.....Mopar pays someone to write instruction sheets, and repackage factory parts for their accessories. Like I said, It will look , act and respond like it was born there...

Just a brief explanation... Keeping it simple....In another post I Mentioned a VIP summary, which lists all of the options that were installed in the vehicle at the factory. A chrysler Technician can access a File, if needed, to program a module to its original state....You will go in, and they will "ADD" the fogs to your VIP
NOW....
when the configuration file is downloaded by the Tech , The Fog lamps will Be on that list as Factory equipment, so when the tech loads the file into the vehicles FCM....The necessary software will be there, and ready to use, as opposed to what you have now, where the FCM has no Idea that the fogs are there, so he wont turn them on. Sort of like your home PC...Plugging in a Printer or scanner, without installing a suitable windows "DRIVER"...It wont work. Stick the install disc in the CD drive, and suddenly the driver is installed, windows recognizes your printer, and Off you go...Happy Printing..

I usually get 1 hour labor for programming, But by all means, if you buy the kit from your local dealer, they are usually glad to work with you on the cost of programming.

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 04-20-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Default New dealerconnect chrysler ???

Hello members pne friend from chrysler dealer

Show me this site dealerconnect my login no work here

https://gpfsinc.com/dealerconnect-chrysler

Anyone have login to see thank you ....

Old 06-07-2020, 12:40 PM
Banned

i try login same site of dealerconnect yes

good site

thank you my dear

Old 06-07-2020, 02:20 PM

That's a phishing site. Don't try to log in there.

Quick Reply: Acess to chrysler Update Site (Dealer Connect)??