General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Chrysler Neon won't start?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Default Chrysler Neon won't start?

I i'm writing you this question from Belgium about a chrysler neon that won't start after the car went to the annual examination center here in Belgium.Once inside the building the car won't start again and the engine check light went on?The man working in this examination center did say that they have some sort of radio mast that is working on the same frequency of the car.So we pushed the car outside and after pulling of the 2 grey and black sockets behind the left front light the car started again without any problem for 1 year until the next examination of the car in the same center.So last week in the examination center the car won't start again like past year so we tried to push the car outside and pull out the socket...it worked the car started again but now when you shut the car down it won't start again without pulling the socket out? Can someone please help us?

PS:Excuse me for my bad english

Old 05-21-2009, 06:58 AM

We just did the test with the ignition on,off,on,off,on and this code came up...P1607 Serial Communication Problem With Device 7 ???

Old 05-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Nobody who can help?

Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM

I am assuming you are disconnecting the black and grey PCM connectors. You are essentially performing a battery disconnect. My guess is a buss issue. Start by unplugging all modules on the buss one at a time-ABS, overhead, radio, etc...see if the car starts or communication is restored to the pcm. If you are unable to even get into the pcm with a scan tool until reset, try unplugging 5 volt feed sensors untill communication is restored.

This is almost impossible to diagnose in a forum.

Hope this at least gives you a starting point.

Craig Scholl
CJDAutomotive