General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

chrysler tech buddie's in here

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 01:31 AM
Default chrysler tech buddie's in here

Gots a question that might not be a easy answer due not be able to supply a pic. (its dark outside) gots no flash. anyway can anyone tell me......um lets see how to say this. so i have a 03 concorde with the 3.5 and had to replace the batt last night. while doing this task i was forced to remove all filter , and air filter intake track hose? whats the smaller kinda big plastic box also connected to the air air take track assembly? sorry about my elaboration , can answer more questions if needed. heck i could even snap a pic in a few hours when the sun comes up.(dont wanna get bit by a vampire) i seen teen witch. i just dont have a flash. im curious about this other box , as if it might be something for fresh cabin air possibly? sorry for any mis-spelled words , this chick kept making me drink ice tea , however it tasted funny.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:03 AM

ok sun is out and gots some light. yes im educated and im well aware gots is not a word , however here is this pic. the smaller box above the air filter box is in question. what could this possibly be? or be used for? nos bottle?

Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

its like an air resonator brake sup the air going on an NVH kinda thing

Old 07-15-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
thanks Boss , however - you lost me at 'its'

but really thanks for the effort ,the scoob likes effort

Old 07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Default voyager intermitent cut out

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
hi im asking you as i have seen you answer so many other peoples questions ,and you know what you are talking about . got a voyager 2002 2.5 crd just switched the engine from it as the old one was knocking , that was from a 2001 , it runs fine till i get to 3200rpm then cuts out for a few seconds, then splutters then picks up again , i thought it was not having a egr valve wot the new engine had in the old car but not in my motor , my mechanic says its not showing up with any fault codes , any ideas thanks graeme

Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

sorry dont work on UK spec vans I am no help

Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by voyager52
hi im asking you as i have seen you answer so many other peoples questions ,and you know what you are talking about . got a voyager 2002 2.5 crd just switched the engine from it as the old one was knocking , that was from a 2001 , it runs fine till i get to 3200rpm then cuts out for a few seconds, then splutters then picks up again , i thought it was not having a egr valve wot the new engine had in the old car but not in my motor , my mechanic says its not showing up with any fault codes , any ideas thanks graeme
easy , sounds like the flux capacitor! next question please

Old 10-29-2012, 09:11 PM

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place for these questions or not, but I was sure a Chrysler Tech would have the answers. I am currently about 360 miles away from home and was told the other day by a Chrysler dealer that I only have 2-3 mm thickness left on my rear brake pads. They also said the rotors looked like they were getting "rough". Since I'm driving interstate highways almost all the way home they agreed with me that it was OK to let us drive home and get the brakes fixed after we get home. My question is "How long can someone expect to drive safely on rear brakes with a 2-3mm thickness"? Also, how thick are the rear brake pads on a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country to begin with? Lastly, what are the pros and cons of getting the rotors "turned" vs. getting them "replaced" and what are the deciding factors? Thanks!

Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

driving habitats are the factor for all of the items u have asked no real way to tell u how long that they will go.
As for turning the rotors depends on how big the lip is and how much they need to cut off inorder to get them straight again there is a min thickness for it.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 PM

If you've got 2-3 mm left on the pads, it's time to replace them but you can probably get home without a problem. You're probably about 80% gone on those pads. When the pads wear through, they'll tell you every time you hit the brakes with a loud squeal. You'll still be able to stop the car, but don't plan on sneaking the GF home after midnight without waking up her old man and half the neighborhood.
Seems like nowadays the cost of new rotors isn't a whole lot more than having the old ones turned, so you won't be spending much more just replacing them.

Quick Reply: chrysler tech buddie's in here