General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

I Changed The Color of My Convertible Top

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Default I Changed The Color of My Convertible Top

I don't usually join Forums but I spotted a post on this site and I just HAD to join so I could tell you guys this. Yes, I own a company but not like anything you have ever seen. For over a hundred years people with convertibles have had the same complaint, The bottom of my car looks great but when I have to put the top up, it looks sort of shabby.

The sun has been killing tops forever or at least fades the color all out. Up til now, there wasn't anything you could do. Now you can if you want.

I wanted to try this stuff on a Corvette that I have so I ordered it. The ugly, dirty looking gray top was easily turned permanently Jet Black. I did this to a "98" Camaro of mine. This top was really shot and a pukey tan color. The car was dark Blue so I dyed the top that color too!

Anyway, I have done quite a few Sebrings too with the tan tops and changed them to BLUE, Dark Green and Black. They look like brand new tops. Check out convertibletoprenew.com.

Sorry about the commercial but Geez, there has never been a DIY fix kit for crappy looking tops before. So, if there are Forum cops out there , I guess I'm done and you won't get to see this.