General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Map sensor & TPS correlation code 00108

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 11:13 PM
Default Map sensor & TPS correlation code 00108

2004 Pacifica AWD, 192,000 miles, surging/hesitating when rpm is changed.
Codes 0068 & 00108. TPS removed and resistance variable noted when activated on bench. No procedures for bench testing in shop manual.
MAP sensor resistance no changed when vacuum applied on bench- again no procedures for bench testing. EGR motor replaced 10,000 miles ago.
Question: Based on the above tests, it would appear that the MAP sensor unit is bad? Ordered a new MAP sensor as none available in this neck of the woods. I doubt if the tranny is bad as when I hold the throttle steady there is no surging or hesitation. Any ideas appreciated.

Feb 16, 2015 Installed a new MAP sensor, cleared codes, road tested and found satisfactory. NAPA said that they do go bad!

Last edited by RonT; 02-17-2015 at 05:24 PM. Reason: solved problem
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by RonT
2004 Pacifica AWD, 192,000 miles, surging/hesitating when rpm is changed.
Codes 0068 & 00108. TPS removed and resistance variable noted when activated on bench. No procedures for bench testing in shop manual.
MAP sensor resistance no changed when vacuum applied on bench- again no procedures for bench testing. EGR motor replaced 10,000 miles ago.
Question: Based on the above tests, it would appear that the MAP sensor unit is bad? Ordered a new MAP sensor as none available in this neck of the woods. I doubt if the tranny is bad as when I hold the throttle steady there is no surging or hesitation. Any ideas appreciated.

Feb 16, 2015 Installed a new MAP sensor, cleared codes, road tested and found satisfactory. NAPA said that they do go bad!
The easiest way to test the TPS is get a plug from a junk auto for the tps. get an analog (needle type volt meter) strip the ends off of the wires and find two that make the meter move when you advance the TPS. you can do this on the auto but in hand is better control. advance the TPS slowly and keep an eye on the needle. if there is any jerking of the needle replace the TPS. as for the map sensor if it goes bad normally the auto won't start or you will have a sooty exhaust. make sure there is vacuum to the map.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixit
The easiest way to test the TPS is get a plug from a junk auto for the tps. get an analog (needle type volt meter) strip the ends off of the wires and find two that make the meter move when you advance the TPS. you can do this on the auto but in hand is better control. advance the TPS slowly and keep an eye on the needle. if there is any jerking of the needle replace the TPS. as for the map sensor if it goes bad normally the auto won't start or you will have a sooty exhaust. make sure there is vacuum to the map.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the fix. I used an analog VM to check the tps & also the map sensor. Tps checked ok. I could not get the map sensor to hold a vacuum and it was not a big ticket item to replace which fixed the problem. Thanks for responding.
RonT

Old 04-02-2015, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by RonT
Thanks for the fix. I used an analog VM to check the tps & also the map sensor. Tps checked ok. I could not get the map sensor to hold a vacuum and it was not a big ticket item to replace which fixed the problem. Thanks for responding.
RonT

I am happy you got it fixed. have a great day.

Mr.Fixit