General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mopar Remote Starter Programming

Old 02-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Default Mopar Remote Starter Programming

My wife has a 2005 Town and Country and wanted a remote start system. After purchasing some no-name remote start components and not having a clue what to do with them, I did the smart thing and dove into forums such as this one to find something else. I ended up with the Mopar remote start system. This thing is unbelievably easier to install. That is until I get to the programming part.

My problem is that we lost one of the keys over a year ago. The manual states that two keys must be used to program the module (similar to programming a third key). I know that dealerships can program a second key (for a fee, of course). Is it possible for a dealership to program this remote starter module directly? Or will I have to pay for a second key (plus programming)?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

we go by the same instructions as u do with out the second key nothing a dealer can do either.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:06 PM

We checked into getting another key made a while back. Having only one key, they said it would cost more because they would have to use the method detailed below:

Dealer-Programming additional Sentry Keys (requires ONE original key) In situations where only one key is available, keys must be programmed by the dealer via the Secured Access Method. The Secured Access method applies to all vehicles. This method requires the use of a DRBIIIt scan tool and will also require that you have access to the unique four-digit PIN code that was assigned to the original SKIM. The PIN code must be used to enter the Secured Access Mode in the SKIM. This PIN number may be obtained from the vehicle owner, from the original vehicle invoice, or from the DaimlerChrysler Customer Center. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information for the proper Secured Access method programming procedures.

That was from a Jeep website. I'm assuming this process would be the same for my wife's van. Can this same process be performed on the remote start module?

Old 02-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

yes it is the same the remote can be programed once the second key is programed.