General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need advice from Chrysler Voyager forum regarding break hose not available in AUSSIE

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 05:41 AM
Default Need advice from Chrysler Voyager forum regarding break hose not available in AUSSIE

Hi, I am from the Sydney region.

-------------
2001 CHRYSLER GRAND VOYAGER LIMITED RG F/INJ 4D WAGON V6 CYL 3.3L 4 SP AUTOMATIC DATE OF MFR (BUILT): 10-1 - 2001.10.23
-------------

My 2001 Chrysler Grand Voyager's Left Front break hose has a crack. I have searched for the hose online and found:

2001-2007 Chrysler Town & Country Brake Hose - Front Left - Centric
Position: Front Left
Part Number: 150.67088

$65
https://pontiworld.com.au/uschrysler...545dc440d2ebf9

OR

$26
Amazon.com: Dorman H620135 Hydraulic Brake Hose: Automotive Amazon.com: Dorman H620135 Hydraulic Brake Hose: Automotive

OR

01 2001 Chrysler Town & Country Brake Hose - Brake - Centric, Dorman, Wagner, Front Left, Front Right, Rear Left, Rear Left Inner, Rear Left Outer, Rear Lower, Rear Right, Rear Right Inner, Rear Right Outer, Rear Upper Left, Rear Upper Right - PartsG

don't know if this is the correct part but seems like it

The hose has a metal bracket attached to it to attach the hose to the vehicle's body

A local hydraulic hose co... will replace the hose only if I remove the copper bit from the metal bracket myself. If I remove the copper bit I will not be able to attache it myself because of the way it is fastened.

please see my attached photo of the part I took out.

my hose....

I cannot find the hose locally. The distributers will order it in for me from the US and the part will then cost $230

I can also not order it directly...
-----
important Message sDorman H620135 Hydraulic Brake Hose cannot be shipped to the selected address.
-----

only available in US.

I am trying to contact a cousin as well as an old friend in the US who will be willing to send it on to me in Australia (amongst other part I am looking for)

I just need to know if I am buying the correct part.

My Vehicle is a Right-Side driver model since we drive on the opposite side of the road in Australia.

Thanks

Jaco

Old 12-09-2013, 08:12 AM

Try rockauto.com

They sell parts all over the world, will quote you a price in your currency and are pretty reasonable as a rule. Be sure to tell them it's for a right-hand-drive model. They sell in the UK so they can probably handle your problem.

When searching for a brake hose on the internet, you'll probably have more luck if you spell "brake" correctly.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 AM

thanks for that - they do not have my part

Yes I did spell brake wrong in the header of my email - I was a bit distracted and busy with other stuff - but as you can see in my post I did spell it correctly - I also did spell it correct in my searches - I do speak more than one language and english is not my mother tongue - if I type quick I do sometimes mix a character here and there

Thanks for correcting me anyway

Jaco