General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

P0572

Old 02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Default P0572

Got the P0572 Cruise Control/Brake Switch A Low code and failed emissions. I was wondering what the part costs and if i can change it myself? I dont know alot about cars so any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:53 PM

also my car is a 2004 sebring if that helps

Old 02-28-2011, 08:25 PM

Could be a bad switch, could be a short to ground before OR after the switch, could be a defective PCM...

Regardless, There is a specific trouble chart that must be followed for every code imagineable.
Replacing the part that is "MENTIONED" in the code IS NOT HOW IT IS DONE....

The switch itself is relatively inexpensive, but Ive yet to see one go bad, without setting the "B" code as well.

Now just some food for thought, The brake signal is No longer "HARDWIRED" to your stop lamps. It is transmitted along an internal network known as a BUSS. this signal passes thru your Body controller, abs controller, PCM, and your instrument cluster, before anything happens at the back of the car.
A switch may fix it, , then again, maybe not..It does howver have the potential to turn into a Spiders web that you wont be able to claw your way out of....

Take it in, and have it fixed right, the first time.

Search this Thread