General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Problem With My Chrysler Stratus/Cirrus

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Unhappy Problem With My Chrysler Stratus/Cirrus

Hi
I have a Chrysler stratus/cirrus 2.5 LX V6, my partner done a silly mistake by leaving the auto stick in D and turning the engine off and then forcing the key out from the barrel.

Now it would not start and turn over, it also coming back with immobilizer and temperature control lights on. Can some one tell me what could have gone wrong and why can I not start the car.

Cheers
Sharks

Old 04-07-2011, 04:29 PM

Your friend probably broke the ignition switch. Time for some professional attention.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Exclamation Thanks

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Your friend probably broke the ignition switch. Time for some professional attention.
Thank you very much for your advise, really appreciated. I have some one on the case but he tells me its not the ignition switch its wrong, he re cons it has blown the E C U. Could this be right? He said he was not getting any power on to spark plugs and his diagnostic led him to this conclusion.

Will appreciate any advise on this.

Cheers
Sharks

Old 04-08-2011, 10:30 AM

I'm not sure about your particular vehicle, but if there is an immobilizer in it and the key switch was damaged, then the computer probably will not let the engine start. It's not because the computer is bad, it's doing what it's supposed to do. Your best bet is to take it to a dealer who has a Chrysler DRB III scan tool and knows how to use it. Local mechanics generally do not have this equipment because it is very expensive.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:59 PM
Default Too far away

Thanks for your advise, but the nearest Chrysler dealer is something like 400 Miles away. Car not working its very difficult to swallow. Thanks for your suggestion

Cheers
Sharkssbm

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
I'm not sure about your particular vehicle, but if there is an immobilizer in it and the key switch was damaged, then the computer probably will not let the engine start. It's not because the computer is bad, it's doing what it's supposed to do. Your best bet is to take it to a dealer who has a Chrysler DRB III scan tool and knows how to use it. Local mechanics generally do not have this equipment because it is very expensive.