General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

PT CRUISER CUT OFF

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Default RE: PT CRUISER CUT OFF

Wow! Thanks, GC, for the online manual on the basics. Some of this is not covered in my Haynes book, though the book is very good in other areas. However, when it comes to electricity and the Princessmobile, I need allthe help I can get, and this looks very good! Now that I have the info, I'm on to tinkering under the hood.

Cheers,
Princess [sm=hail.gif]

Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 AM

I have had the same experiences when testing fuses. That's why it's a good idea to check them several times. With electrical problems, you just never know what will happen next. Good to seeyou got it running. Glad to be of some help.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:08 PM

Okay now the problem has shown it self. I am blowing a 20amp fuse when I make a right turn. It is not blowing everytime but in one day I have replaced the fuse 3 times. The crazy thing about it is I drove around town for two days then I was headed to carry back to my daughter, who is 1 1/2 hrs away. When she got into the car and made a right turn into the gas station the fuse blew and blew again when she made a right turn into the driveway. I had a rack and pinion installed along with tierods. Are there any wires located in that area? I think a wire is grounding somewhere on
the right side.Not sure what had to be move to make the replacements.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:53 AM

What circuit does the 20 amp fuse you are replacing belong to? Does the fuse only blow with theturn signalleverengaged to the right?How about to the left? Does the fuse blow if you don't engage the turn signal lever while making a right turn? There is a presssureswitch on the rack and pinion body located near the gear housing.Check you email.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:33 AM

The circuit that is blowing the fuse is theASD/Fuel PMP. I replace the fuse and I am up and running again. I am not sure if I am using the turn signal when it blows. I know it did it once with the signal on when I got close to the house.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:45 PM

I am taking the car to the shop that installed the rack and pinion unit and see if they can find a bare wire or a pinched one. Where ever it is it only faults when the engine is good and hot. It does not blow when I drive around town and the car is not running no more than thirty minutes or lee. It only blew when I drove the car for and hour or more.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:33 AM

Let us know how things turn out. Good luck!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:59 PM

I got the car back today and they told me that they found my O2 sensor for the tailpipe grounding out. They said it was not enough room for it to close or something but they repaired it and we will see!! I did not see it in the circuit but it could be there to avoid messing up the PCM.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:45 PM

The Autoshutdown relaysupplies voltage to the heater side ofthe 02 sensors. I hope that resolves your problems, good luck!

Old 09-22-2007, 05:21 AM

Thanks alot Gold Cruiser could not have this resolve without your help. My daughter picked the car up I showed her how to change the fuse in case it blew. She drove home which is an hour away with no problem. She did say when she put her right turn signal on her fog light indicator blinks. Gonna let it ride for now. Thanks again. Where ever you work must be proud of you.

Quick Reply: PT CRUISER CUT OFF