General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Speed Detection Circuit Lead

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Default Speed Detection Circuit Lead

Hello EVERYONE WHAT A GREAT FORUM THIS IS!! Need some help for a 2006 Chrysler 300. I am trying to locate the Speed detection Circuit lead that apparently goes into the vehicle injection computer. The reason for this is that I am installing a pioneer navigation dvd unit and I need to connect a Car Speed Signal input to that Speed detection Circuit lead. Any help guys and gals? ANYTHING?
Thank you once again.
I need a location of the wire and perhaps the color.

Old 12-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Default RE: Speed Detection Circuit Lead

I think this is the VSS wire... is this it? where is this? what is the color on this wire?

Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

a year later have u got it figured out?

Old 01-09-2007, 12:33 AM

I need this info too. Who knows where the vss wire is, i need it for a 2006 pacifica. So far i have found out that Chrysler vans and pt cruisers use lt. green/white or white/orange or green/brown and this wire is located on the 15-4 connector on the ecm(right green connector). Now who can tell me where the ecm is located on the pacifica???

Old 01-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator

that info i can give ya here ya go
REMOVAL [ol][*]Disconnect the negative battery cable.[*]Raise vehicle and support.[*]Remove the left front wheel.[*]Remove the left front splash shield.[*]Unlock and remove the 4 connectors (PCM LOCATION).[*]Remove the 3 mounting screws (PCM ASSEMBLY).[*]Remove the PCM.[/ol]

Old 01-09-2007, 07:25 PM

Thats sound like too much work! Isn't there a vss wire in side the car somewhere? Well, i am off to the library to see if i can find something in the manuals.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Super Moderator

if all u need is the tranny speed signal u can go right to the sensor on the tranny there will be 2 of them side by side one input and one output u should want the output if u are using it for speed. it is T14 18DG/BR on the output sensor they are located

see attached image
1 - SOLENOID PACK CONNECTOR 2 - INPUT SPEED SENSOR CONNECTOR 3 - OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR CONNECTOR 4 - TRANSMISSION RANGE SENSOR CONNECTOR

[IMG]local://upfiles/1033/8144B67C38834557B47315C1D45AEE0C.gif[/IMG]

Old 01-10-2007, 03:24 PM

I never made it to the library. Your reply is very helpful. So does this tranny output wire go to the ecm, and this is the only vss wire on the Pacifica. Is there a hole in the car right below the shifter, so that i can drop a wire through there and connect to the tranny output.

As soon as i connect this wire and install my boyo backup platecamera, i will have a 2006 Pacifica with an aftermarket doubledin navigtion. So many people told me that that would be impossible. They said "double din won't fit into the pacifica". I had to tear of the trim of my stock stereo and cut out a slot, bundo it and paint it. They said "you won't be able to use your infinity amp with an aftermarket player" i integrated it. I also retained my steering wheel cotrols for this pioneer nav. If anyone needs pics or info let me know.

Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 AM

To: CHRYSLER TECH
The ecm location is so much easier to access than the tranny, not to mention that it is pretty much impossible to splice into the vss on the tranny. You say that the vss wire is pin 14, while http://www.rostra.com/techsupport-main.aspand http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:...us&ct=clnkand http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1922say that it is pin 13.
Pin 13 is SPEED SENSOR GROUND
Pin 14 is OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
Your suggestion sounds more legitimate, but why do others say pin 13.
By the way, on the tranny, the "3 - OUTPUT SPEED SENSOR CONNECTOR" in your diagram, i noticed there are two wires in that connector. First is Pin 13 green/violet, second pin 14 green/brown. Tomorrow i will test the pin 14 while i drive, i am assuming that i will get a positive readout that increases as i increase speed, is that right?

Old 01-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

so what are u looking for ne way?? u want the tranny speed while driving for your GPS correct? give me the last 8 of your vin in a Private message and I will give u the correct wiring diagram ,pin out for your car.

Quick Reply: Speed Detection Circuit Lead