General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

startus cab roof trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Default startus cab roof trouble

hello

I have a trouble with the roof of a Stratus I cant open it, it's 25°and sunny beginning of summer and I really like to drive it open

when I put the the key in the contact the roof engine seams to make nose but even after starting the engine and opening the security I cant open the roof and the trunk buton doesn't make is work too, I look at the fuse and none of them are burn I suspect a relay but I dont know where they are hidden

please help me before the weather get rainy

Bye

N

Last edited by el picor; 06-18-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:19 AM

The sunroof circuit is protectrd by a circuit breaker, but it's the same circuit breaker that protects the power windows, so if they work, that's not your problem. If the problem is a bad switch, it's not too bad a job, but you stated that you thought you could hear the motor responding when you pressed the switch, so if that's the case, either the glass is jammed or there's something wrong with the motor mechanism.
Pulling the sunroof out is a big job that requires removal of the headliner.
If you are inclined to tackle it, get a shop manual for the car (not a Haynes) as there are some procedures that must be followed so as not to ruin the thing.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:45 PM

thanks Dcotter

I discover today that it wasnt the sound of the roof engine but the electric antena mast that is puping out when I start the car so it's posible that it's simply the switch!!

it's a good news I am sure that pulling out the sunrrof is a big job and I dont want to try ,I will try the switch first and keep you informed of this work

thank's again

N