General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Timing marks questions need answers please

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Default Timing marks questions need answers please

01 sebring 3.0.
1, my belt (new Belt) seems stretched as my tensoner pin does not allow an allen wrench to slide in and out after installation. its bolted up correctly in the correct position and place it should be.
2. the belt does not allow me to get my cam timing marks to line up exactly... rear cam back a hair for the front to be dead on. or vis versa front cam forward a hair for rear cam to be lined up perfect. they both because of the belt i assume wont line up quite exactly.
when one is dead on the other is off by this much ^_^ say thats my sprocket one tooth the bottom second tooth it off by in the middle of the teeth.
3. had a prblem with no power(pedal to the floor very weak acceleration. changed all possible suspects. leads me to this timing problem. in the mean time waiting for a response to this for any input i am for giggles replacing the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets to see if that cuts out hesitation. anyone with timing info how to set them right the process they used what the timing marks looked like after and belt tension and how car ran excetra would be great thanks guys