New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

1993 Fifth Avenue problems, peeling paint and digital speedometer problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Default 1993 Fifth Avenue problems, peeling paint and digital speedometer problems

About 2 years ago (after having only 60k miles on this car we bought new in 1993, and always having it in the garage; barely 4k miles put on it a year), the paint started to peel. First, on the roof, a small area. Then, on the hood, a small area. Within two years (no longer parking in a garage) it has MAJOR paint peeling problems, on roof, hood, and now the trunk. Any way to get Chrysler to pay for this, since it has fairly low mileage and we bought it NEW). It seems by keeping it garaged, it delayed the peeling from starting. I've seen others had similar problems, but they were recognised back in 96-98 while still under warranty. Any insights on what we might do will be greatly appreciated, plus any url links you may know about.
A second major problem we've now got (started about a year ago) was the digital display for the speedometer. One day it just went out, along with all other digital gages being displayed, and a warning light on the right center of the display would blink fast. It goes this way for a day or two, then comes back in full display, working normally. We had the digital display changed out under warranty about 5 or 6 years ago, because the LEDs on it were partially bad. But, I don't know anywhere to get a new used display, IF that is the problem. Almost seems like a loose wire, but I have no idea...!

Thanks in advance for any replies.