New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

angang44

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 PM
Default angang44

Hi my name is Angela I have a 2001 LXi Sebring the transmission oil was leaking so we took pan off put new filter an gasket on leak stopped .Now when I put my car in reverse it pushes forward then stop when I put it in drive it goes back then stops I don't no what to do. help

Old 08-11-2017, 11:31 AM

Obviously, it was something you did in the process of changing the fluid/filter. Go back and review everything that you did. Did you install the filter correctly? Did you disturb anything else in there in the process? Did you clean the magnet properly? Did you use the exact fluid that is specified by Chrysler to refill? (It matters.) Did you refill to the proper level? This is an electronically controlled transmission. There may be fault codes stored in the computer. You will need access to a very sophisticated code reader to be able to get them. If you can't get it going you'll have to have it towed to a transmission shop for proper diagnosis. They have electronic and hydraulic equipment to make a proper diagnosis. Nobody here can diagnose the transmission over the internet.