New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Chrysler Bumper Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 01:32 PM
Default Chrysler Bumper Conversion

Greetings Chrysler Brothers
I'm a Chrysler Fan from iceland

I'm in a bit of a trouble with my 05 Chrysler Sebring Limited
as i want to do one thing i would've bought an 01-03 but they are fairly rare over here and it costs so much to import them.

So heres the thing
I want to do a conversion and change the Front bumper/headlights
on my 05 Sebring with a 03 Sebring Front bumper/headlights by doing so i am still troubled many people have told me that i need to buy the whole front end meaning 03 Bumper/headlights/front fenders/hood
but from my view the fenders and hood lines looks exactly the same so do i just need to buy the front bumper and headlights? or is it the the whole front end that i need?

Old 03-31-2016, 06:15 PM

You probably won't get a definitive answer to your question because not many (if any at all) people have tried that particular conversion. You may be the first and only one who has ever wanted to try that. If you are serious about going ahead with the project, you will need at least the bumper cover and the headlights. Take some measurements before starting and don't cut or drill any metal unless you are very sure it will work out. If you buy the parts and it doesn't work you can always sell them on eBay but the shipping to and from Iceland will be a killer.
DO NOT mix in any parts from a different model. If yours is a coupe, don't get any parts from a sedan or convertible. If yours is a sedan, the bumper cover from a convertible will not work.
Lastly, be advised that you will probably seriously decrease the resale value of the car by "customizing" it like that.
If you decide you still want to go through with this, come back and post up your experience here in the Sebring forum.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:56 PM

Dcotter579
Thank you so much for the reply i wasn't sure i would get a reply towards my question here xD but well i'm kinda half cocked into doing this project i was thinking of ordering just the headlights at first and take off the front bumper and see if they fit properly with the side fenders and hood then afterwards ordering the bumper cover if all things go properly hehe well my Sebring is a 4-Door Sedan Limited
I know it would decrease the resale value although this car is very dear to me i had a 2001 ES Dodge Stratus before many years ago and i sold it and i've been in regret about it ever since but as the guy who bought would not want to sell the car to me back he is kinda similar as me today he has kept that stratus in perfect condition and still does
but i was talking to a carshop today that has been doing custom jobs around sebrings/stratus cars and well they thought it wouldn't work as they would've saw the front fenders are supposed to be different but i see them and the hood to be the exact as the same on the 03 model just the bumper with the curves in the headlights although the headlights have the same lines in the fenders as the hood but im not completely sure so yeah i'll keep posting my progress once i get those headlights i think they should most positively fit from my view although yet like you said i should get those specs about the measurements around the hood and fenders those 2 are my main suspicion if this would work but hey dude thanks for the reply i'll be in touch

Old 01-16-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by CerbLxi
Dcotter579
Thank you so much for the reply i wasn't sure i would get a reply towards my question here xD but well i'm kinda half cocked into doing this project i was thinking of ordering just the headlights at first and take off the front bumper and see if they fit properly with the side fenders and hood then afterwards ordering the bumper cover if all things go properly hehe well my Sebring is a 4-Door Sedan Limited
I know it would decrease the resale value although this car is very dear to me i had a 2001 ES Dodge Stratus before many years ago and i sold it and i've been in regret about it ever since but as the guy who bought would not want to sell the car to me back he is kinda similar as me today he has kept that stratus in perfect condition and still does
but i was talking to a carshop today that has been doing custom jobs around sebrings/stratus cars and well they thought it wouldn't work as they would've saw the front fenders are supposed to be different but i see them and the hood to be the exact as the same on the 03 model just the bumper with the curves in the headlights although the headlights have the same lines in the fenders as the hood but im not completely sure so yeah i'll keep posting my progress once i get those headlights i think they should most positively fit from my view although yet like you said i should get those specs about the measurements around the hood and fenders those 2 are my main suspicion if this would work but hey dude thanks for the reply i'll be in touch
Did you find anything out? I would like to do the same but because there are only body kits for the 9x-02 or something like that and I am the type of person that likes to modify my stuff and make it different. There are body kits for every other year and every other model like the 300 but of course not my 05 Sebring I was wondering if it was possible to get an older Sebring/stratus or same year 300 bumpers on the 05 Sebring. Honestly the resale for these vehicles is extremely low so I'm not worried about that all.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:19 PM

Here:

https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...bentley-26447/

That's really a Sebring under there. You can tell by the heater controls.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Vision2099
Did you find anything out? I would like to do the same but because there are only body kits for the 9x-02 or something like that and I am the type of person that likes to modify my stuff and make it different. There are body kits for every other year and every other model like the 300 but of course not my 05 Sebring I was wondering if it was possible to get an older Sebring/stratus or same year 300 bumpers on the 05 Sebring. Honestly the resale for these vehicles is extremely low so I'm not worried about that all.
Hi again guys
Its been a while now since i made this thread and since then i now have payed fully the loans on my 06 Sebring and school loans and other.
I know it may sound strange because how cheap the Stratus/Sebring costs in the states but over here in iceland it was about 10k$ in US currency but everything here in iceland is expensive as hell hahaha yeah but also i had the Sebring Resprayed in an orginal Chrysler Color The Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl Coat
its original color was Black chrysler color i don't like black that much tho body had a bit of dents here and there so thats all fixed car is like new
but as of now on the next months i will begin the adventure of the conversion on my 06 Sebring Sedan with the 03 Sebring Front Bumper Cover i bought everything through a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep parts dealer here in iceland wasn't cheap totall 1.386$ for the Bumper Cover W/Foglight cut-outs + the grille and emblem logo yet all OEM Factory Ones.
But the Front Lights Blacked out aftermarket 01-03 sedan lights i got on ebay for about roughly 150$ with shipping.
Funny thing i noticed quite recently while surfing on youtube wich makes me fully believe in this working out is this video of Russians driving 01-05 Stratus Sedans with the Sebring 04-06 Front bumpers with the Sebring 04-06 front Lights on the Stratus :̃ so they probably all fit
well according to this video
Judging from the dodge logo on the steering wheel suggests its an 04-05 stratus but with the 01-03 ES wheels

Old 03-07-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by CerbLxi
Hi again guys
Its been a while now since i made this thread and since then i now have payed fully the loans on my 06 Sebring and school loans and other.
I know it may sound strange because how cheap the Stratus/Sebring costs in the states but over here in iceland it was about 10k$ in US currency but everything here in iceland is expensive as hell hahaha yeah but also i had the Sebring Resprayed in an orginal Chrysler Color The Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl Coat
its original color was Black chrysler color i don't like black that much tho body had a bit of dents here and there so thats all fixed car is like new
but as of now on the next months i will begin the adventure of the conversion on my 06 Sebring Sedan with the 03 Sebring Front Bumper Cover i bought everything through a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep parts dealer here in iceland wasn't cheap totall 1.386$ for the Bumper Cover W/Foglight cut-outs + the grille and emblem logo yet all OEM Factory Ones.
But the Front Lights Blacked out aftermarket 01-03 sedan lights i got on ebay for about roughly 150$ with shipping.
Funny thing i noticed quite recently while surfing on youtube wich makes me fully believe in this working out is this video of Russians driving 01-05 Stratus Sedans with the Sebring 04-06 Front bumpers with the Sebring 04-06 front Lights on the Stratus :̃ so they probably all fit
well according to this video
Judging from the dodge logo on the steering wheel suggests its an 04-05 stratus but with the 01-03 ES wheels
LoL i was wrong its most likely an 01-03 Stratus XDDD