New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Chrysler Grand Voyager Woes

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:38 AM
JCP
Unhappy Chrysler Grand Voyager Woes

Hi all. I'm a newby with a few problems with my Grand Voyager. About 3 weeks ago I started to have problems with a flat battery every morning so I replaced it. Left the car on the driveway for a couple of days, went to start it, flat again. Managed to start it with a booster battery and checked the alternator with a tester, which showed that the alternator was charging the battery. Ran the car for about twenty mins and was able to restart the car several times without problem ( meaning battery was recharged). However, when I tried to start it next day, battery was flat again.
Disconnected the battery and connected an ammeter in cct. With everything turned off, I was getting a reading of 2.5 amps discharge. Taking the IOD fuse out reduced it to 0.5 amps but still registered a discharge. Remove all of the blade fuses from the fuse box with no effect. Disconnected the alternator and starter motor also with no effect. Tried to remove the square fuses in the fuse box but couldn't seem to budge them. Didn't want to use excessive force in case they're held in by special clip. Any help or advice regarding removal of these fuses would be greatly appreciated.
JCP

Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Try posting your question in the Voyager and Town & Country part of the forum. It's located further down the front page. It's quite active including many members from both sides of the Atlantic and someone there may have an answer for you.

This part of the forum is where people introduce themselves and your question may get less exposure than in the vehicle forum.

Old 05-09-2016, 09:09 AM
JCP

Many thanks for the heads-up on that one. However, I've managed to answer my own question. After trawling the net, managed to identify the fuses in question, as slowblow devices, which just need a good hard tug. By process of elimination, narrowed the search down to the Central Amp fuse (20). Looks like there's a common thread thru the radio and audio amplifier. By pulling both F14 (IOD) and F20 (Audio Amp) problem goes away. Just got to find the cause now. Thanks once again.
JCP

Old 05-09-2016, 12:10 PM

Good work! When you get to the bottom if the problem, come back and report your success so others can benefit.