New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Greetings!

Old 10-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Default Greetings!

New to the site, seems like a great forum...I currently own an '04 Sebring Convertible Base with roughly 192,000km on it, previous rental car, but hey, for a 17 year old I think that's pretty good if I do say so myself!

My parents share an '07 Pacifica Touring FWD but fully loaded top to bottom, they're the second owners and bought it with roughly 44,000km on it and now it has about 135,000km.

I do have a few question about my Sebring though, I'll take it over to the Sebring specific forum but thought I'd try my luck in here first. I bought the car in Barrie, ON(North of Toronto) and drove it to Ottawa, ON, roughly 500kms, about two weeks ago. It had a fair bit of suspension and brake work done on it, but the body, top and engine were in great shape.

Now, ever since I have noticed a few things such as when I'm braking and going over cracks/potholes etc. in the road I'll hear a small clunk coming from the front passenger portion of the car, but this wont happen unless I'm also braking so if I'm accelerating or not giving it any gas I won't hear anything.

I've also had the MIL light come on for P0305 (Cylinder 5 Misfire detected) had the code erased and drove it around a bit since the mechanic was unable to find anything, in the meantime I did my e-test for the car, and a few days later the light came back on, haven't had it diagnosed yet as this was on Thursday. However, this morning when turning on the car the MIL light had turned off, checked my fuses and it wasn't that. If this helps, when the key is in the on position with the engine off the MIL light will flash for a few seconds then go back to solid (I believe this is to say something for my e-test isn't ready, which is true since on my report from the e-test one of the sections came out as not ready) and when I turn the engine on it will remain solid, until this morning when it just went away all together. Haven't had the battery disconnected either.

Two small things about the Sebring, I got caught in a huge rainstorm yesterday and there was a solid few inches of water on the road at some points. Since then my horn has been sounding a lot weaker and higher. Is it possible that water got in and around the horn, which I know sits literally 5-6" above the ground and right behind the fog lamps. One final question, how does breaking feel when driving the Sebring, until I press the brake pedal about 1/4 of the way down it barely seems to work and feels very loose but after that it's very solid and the car feels like it would stop on a dime. Keep in mind I drove a Pacifica before this and I've only driven three cars in my life so I don't have much comparison here hahaha.

Now, on to the Pacifica, great car. We all love it, we only have one issue with it. On cold starts and a bit after while accelerating in turns the engine will stall and turn off...still haven't gotten an answer from Chrysler about this, I was wondering if you guys have had anything like this happen? No MIL light by the way.

Sorry about the long message, thanks in advance to anyone that can help!