New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

hello all. i need help with my 04 pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 06:51 PM
Default hello all. i need help with my 04 pacifica

Ive changed plugs, both O2 sensors, cam sensor, crank sensor, map sensor, cleaned throttle body, just changed air intake control valve, changed egr valve, but car will still die at stops and sometimes jumps when mashing on the gas.what else can there be????

Old 06-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

before any of this was done did you look to see if there were any codes in the computer?

Old 06-15-2016, 04:52 AM

Chech engine light has been on since i got the car. Ive had it just over a year. Only code was for the gas cap or evap system. Ive gotten it turned off a few times but would come back on. Didnt have problems till i changed plugs and everything else ive changed following that.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Marty Joseph Gaskin Jr.
Ive changed plugs, both O2 sensors, cam sensor, crank sensor, map sensor, cleaned throttle body, just changed air intake control valve, changed egr valve, but car will still die at stops and sometimes jumps when mashing on the gas.what else can there be????
It sounds like a clogged cat

Old 06-15-2016, 05:22 AM

How do i check and or clean that

Old 06-15-2016, 05:25 AM

The rpms will jump up to about 1500 to 2000 while parked and the car is running. Not alot but it will.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:41 AM

I'm not to sure how to check it but a clogged cat will force the exhaust back to the engine which will kill it in idle but when you apply gas it'll be able to push some of the gas out but not all of it which will cause it to jerk. The way I always test it is to unbolt the cat, move it off to the side a little and test drive it

Old 06-15-2016, 05:45 AM

You can't clean a cat only hollow it out but the would cause an odd smell and the o2 sensor would read incorrectly causing your automatic gas to air ratio device to add more gas and run rich. But you could trick the computer by plugging a spark plug defouler into the cat and then plugging the o2 sensor in the other end. You would be better off just to get a new cat

Old 06-16-2016, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

you have a vacuum leak either a hose is not hooked up to the intake or one of the gaskets got folded.

Old 06-18-2016, 06:58 PM

Gaskets are fine and everything is hooked up. I rechecked everything today. Also replaced throttle position sensor today.

Quick Reply: hello all. i need help with my 04 pacifica