New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello From CA & Research Project

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Default Hello From CA & Research Project

Hello All,

I hail from Northern CA and I logged on in order to try to find historic data & specs on a couple of early Chrysler vehicles, namely the 1950 Windsor sedan and the 1953 Dodge stepside (not sure what specific name was assigned to the truck). I will look through the archived topics so as not to post off-topic (any more than I might do by accident as a newbie) but perhaps if any of you are fans of the older generation vehicles, I'd love to hear from you pertaining to drivetrain specs and idiosynchrasies of the particular 50's models that I am researching. More specifically, how folks would have souped them up given the trends, style and drivetrain options of the era...Likewise, if any of you are linked to any vintage Chrysler enthusiast groups, please refer me....I am also interested in the jargon/vernacular used in the 50's & 60's as well as history on any early after-market parts manufacturers...I know drag racing more intimately, but want to get a NASCAR 101 shakedown as well...will look into that elsewhere probably. Any info that ANYONE has, though, will be GREATLY appreciated.

I'm more of a Chevy girl (the decade-long love of my life was my 69 Camaro I got when I was 16 & only sold it when we had a month old baby), but my first car back in '81 was a 72 Charger....my interest for this project largely pre-dates the muscle car era, BUT I do have a "lesser" interest in the Roadrunners....but that's another topic for another day.

Sincerely,

Lynne T aka sidesaddlegal