New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello, new to the forum...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 12:47 PM
TJ
Default Hello, new to the forum...

Hi,

I just bought a white 1997 Sebring JX a week ago, and found this forum while looking for information on Sebrings. Overall it is in fairly good shape for a car with 116k miles. The body is in great shape with no visible rust at all, which is a pleasant surprise for a 10 year old car in the midwest. The drive train seems to work fine except for the idler pulley for the serpentine belt, which has a bad bearing. I'm picking up a new pulley tonight, and should get it and new serpentine belts installed in the next few days. The brake pedal seems rather soft, and the brakes don't grab as well as I think they should, but I haven't looked into this yet. I'm planning to bleed the lines and add some new break fluid to see if this improves the situation. Headlight lenses are quite cloudy, so I'm going to try to clean them up a bit. Overall, the car runs and drives quite nicely. Mostly, it just needs a good interior cleaning and some TLC.

I'm looking forward to spending time on the forum, and will hopefully be able to give back something, too.

Have a good one, Bill.