New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Default Hello from Texas

A long time big Chrysler Corp. enthusiast that has finally been able to scratch that itch from my youth. After drooling all over a 57 DeSoto hardtop as a boy. After a gap of decades, returning to Mopar ownership these past 10 years.

Now my wife and I (yes, happiness and peace is when your wife shares your hobbies) own a 1994 New Yorker, a 1956 DeSoto Fireflite and we just picked up an orphaned 1989 5th Avenue. She once owned a 1972 Valiant she misses terribly. We recently passed to a new owner our lil speed buggy Plymouth Arrow. The New Yorker's paint is fading in the Texas sun Still runs beautifully. The 5th Avenue I know so little about. Just got Friday for a song/token price and is a kind of low miles (88K) classic barn find. Except this one is an apartment covered parking find. Owner has a new life and plenty of new cash. He just wanted it gone to a good home. As an Arizona car transplanted to Texas, it runs a little wonky for sitting 5yrs and the sun has eaten it's paint on roof, hood and doors. The brown leather interior?? Wow. I got to drive it home after a jump and fluid checks.

Mainly my questions and use will be for maintaining the 5th Avenue and the New Yorker. That old DeSoto I know like the Pledge of Allegiance