New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Smile Help!!!!

Is there anyone out there that can help me????? I own a 1994 Chrysler Eagle Vision (LHS). The problem that I've got is that the climate control has suddenly developed a mind of its own and it switches self on when off, also it ignores the temperature settings and decides to cook me!!!. When it goes into a mind of its own, none of the controls work at all!!!. Then it will work ok for a while until it does it again, has anyone got any ideas what it could be?????

Cheers,

Old 11-15-2010, 03:54 AM

Isn't there anyone out there who can help me???

Old 11-15-2010, 08:49 AM

One thing that you might try that's easy and cheap: There's a little grid opening on the front of the control. Using a vacuum cleaner, try to suck out any dirt, dust and accumulated crud in there. The purpose of that grid is to draw air from the car in to determine the interior temperature. If that gets too full of dust and dirt, the unit gets very confused as to the actual interior temperature of the car. Can't hurt, might help.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
One thing that you might try that's easy and cheap: There's a little grid opening on the front of the control. Using a vacuum cleaner, try to suck out any dirt, dust and accumulated crud in there. The purpose of that grid is to draw air from the car in to determine the interior temperature. If that gets too full of dust and dirt, the unit gets very confused as to the actual interior temperature of the car. Can't hurt, might help.
Thanks for the suggestion I will try it and let you know how I get on.... Can you think of anything else it could be because it seems as if it gets a electrical supply from somewhere that disables the controls on the control unit!?..... Its doing my head in! lol

Old 11-16-2010, 09:23 PM

If the control head must be replaced, you may be able to find a replacement in the used parts salvage (junkyard) market. I think that unit was used for a few years in the Chrysler Concorde, Eagle Vision and Chrysler LHS vehicles, and possibly the Dodge Intrepid if they offered the ATC option, not sure about that.