New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

is here somebody from germany??

Old 03-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Default is here somebody from germany??

hey...
i am a PT driver from germany and i like do know, is here somebody from germany (by the army or so)

Old 03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: is here somebody from germany??

I'm not from Germany, but welcome to Chryslerforum!!

Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 AM
Administrator

I don't know if there are any people from Germany either, but welcome to the forum!

Old 04-10-2006, 07:32 AM

thank you @ViperGTS and MidnightBlueNeon

i make a big chrysler,dodge and jeep tuningmeeting in bamberg (germany)

check this out www.mopar-tuningtreffen.de

Old 06-08-2006, 06:52 PM

WOW, very impressive!!!! Welcome to the forum.

Do you get any good deals from CTD-Germany???

Old 08-20-2007, 12:50 PM

do you mine Startech???

Old 08-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Guten Abend (my time), Nixon! (That's "Good Evening" to the rest of the board)

Yes, I used to live in Germany. I also took 3.5 years' worth of German classes, both to prepare and to refresh my mind after living there. I lived in Bad Kreuznach (Rosenkaserne) (In English, that would be "the Spa (or Bath)near the River Crossing" or just "the Spa (or Bath)near theCrossing [Rose Barracks]").

Well, now that I got all of that out of the way, it was the only place that I ever saw a triple rainbow -- I guess God loved it, too! LOL! [sm=devilangel.gif] Dr. Faust (according to the facia board around the roof of his house), "the only man known to have sold his soul to the Devil and renegged," lived there and was governor of the state of Rheinland-Pfalz long ago.

My favorite activities while there were (from 10th best to best):

10. Walking (carrying) my daughter to kindergarten in waist-high snow my first year there.
09. Snowball fights with both of my kids.
08. Weinfests (Country fairs with ALLLLLLL the trimmings!)
07. Volksmarches (People's Marches, or group hikes-- great way to see the parts the tourists never see!)
06. Just getting on the city bus and going wherever the bus takes me and back -- favorite there was walking along the river and watching the giant swamp cooler mechanism that was commissioned in 1936 by A. Hitler.
05. New Year's Eve celebration -- first time seeing fireworks over the snow.
04. Christmas market in Frankfurt on the Romerplatz
03. Fasching (Carnival -- Mardi Gras) parade in Mainz. They throw candy, pour Gluhwein and dress in funny Bacchus and clowncostumes.
02. More Weinfests!!! (Kreuznacher Kronenberg and Binger Nachtarsch-- YUM!)
01. IDAR-OBERSTEIN -- The world's Rockhound Haven

About the Autobahn, which would catch the attention of most people here, the only freeway in the world that ever scared the [sm=badbadbad.gif]out of me was the stretch between Frankfurt and Bingen. I could drive other sections, but not there. The Autobahn was the first place that I ever saw K-rails, the concrete blocks that go down the center of the freeways. Their K-rails on the freeway access roads weren't concrete color any more. They were black from the rubber of people's tires scraping them.

The best of all for me also involved driving. It was the written driver's license exam. This was a special exam for foreigners driving in Germany, and drivers had to pass it before going to the Port of Bremerhaven to pick up their cars that they had shipped from the US. Some of them had to take the bus for a LOOOOOONNNNGG time. LOL! The rule was that if you failed the written test, you had to spend the next six months studying before you could take the test again. Very few failed the second time.

Anyway, when I went to take mine, I was the only woman out of about 30 driving students taking the test that day. The proctor explained the test by saying, "If this is your first time taking this test and you fail, don't feel bad. You are only allowed to miss 1 question (out of 100) to pass the test. If you miss more than 1, you fail and have to come back AFTER 6 months. I have been giving this test for a long time now, and I haven't seen very many peoplepass the test on the first try. To my knowledge, no one has EVER aced the test." Well, this was my first try, and regardless of the record, I didn't want to fail.

After we finished the test, we waited in the lobby for the proctor to grade our work. The proctor came out with a shocked look on his face and told me to stay where I was. Then, he told the others to go home and come back after 6 months. After everyone else left, he took me back into the testing room and told me that I was the first in his knowledge to ever ace the test. The kids' dad didn't even ace it. He missed one. He was SOOO jealous! The proctor and I had a good laugh, though.

Vielen Dank (Many Thanks)for letting me wander down memory lane through Deutschland.

Cheers,
Princess