New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi everyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Default Hi everyone

I am new on here as I have just bought my first Chrysler.
Its a Voyager in the UK but a town and country in the states I think anyway.
I have bought a new Radio for dvd sat nav ect and have got a problem that I hope someone could help me with.

I have bought aChrysler bezel and plug convertor which also has the arial extenstionbut I have no sound.
What I found was if I plug in the Chrysler radio then swap the plug to the new radio all is fine sound is great. The problem is when I turn the ignition off and on again I have no sound again the only way I can get it back is by pugging the Chrysler radio back in and without turning ignition off putting the other one back on. It seems that the Chrysler radio is sending a signal or something to a device in the car to clear it.
Can anyone help?
thanks
Bill [align=right][/align]

Old 03-09-2008, 04:45 PM
moe
Default RE: Hi everyone

is the car brand new?.if so you need to have the dealership download the infomation to chrysler thru dealer connect.its like telling chrysler you upgraded the sounds system.then they send a fllash upgrade thru the internet to a tool at the dealer ship,then the tech takes that information and transfers it to your car vin configuration.it needs to turn parts of your body modules on along with other modules.or just for the heck of it plug your radio in with all the wires,disconnect your battery wait 2 mins and reconnect the battery,it might work like "plug and play" it might see it on the bus curcuit.let me know how you make out.........moe ")