Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Hi from Glasgow Scotland I am looking for some info (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/hi-glasgow-scotland-i-am-looking-some-info-9462/)

baldboab 10-05-2009 03:47 PM

Hi from Glasgow Scotland I am looking for some info

I have just bought a 1998 chrysler grand voyager 3.3 ltr v6. Its an old car and I knew it would need some work but its been great to drive even if it is a bit thirsty. I was vey disappointed though that the car did not have remote central locking. All the ones I hired when on holiday in the USA had remote locking. can anyone tell me if this is an extra and if I can fit it myself. its the LX model I have bought it has pwer locks but they work from inside the car. also I am in need of a source for a bit of trim that I knew was missing any sources for this kind of stuff in the UK? oh one more thing. I live in a narrow street and need to have the mirrors collpased in at night. I can only do that from inside the car and then getting out pushes the drivers mirror back out a bit. I dont want to break it is this normal?

Thanks.
Robert.

AZ-GTC 10-09-2009 02:31 PM

Welcome Robert :)

baldboab 10-09-2009 05:51 PM

Hi AZ-GTC, and thanks for the welcome. great to see such a busy forum.

xfire04 10-09-2009 07:10 PM

Welcome to the forum Robert
love your country seen many pics love to see it myself one day

baldboab 10-11-2009 01:16 AM

Hi Xfire, Thanks for the welcome. Scotland is fine for a visit and I used to be very patriotic but even I have tried to get out. We have some beautiful scenery but rubbish weather, cold and damp! I love Florida, I know I always see it with my holiday eyes in, but I like the thought of being rewarded for working hard. Here you seem to get punished for working hard and rewarded for not working! have you ever heard people say that they can not afford to work? That happens here a lot.

Are you from the USA?

xfire04 10-11-2009 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by baldboab (Post 31284)
Hi Xfire, Thanks for the welcome. Scotland is fine for a visit and I used to be very patriotic but even I have tried to get out. We have some beautiful scenery but rubbish weather, cold and damp! I love Florida, I know I always see it with my holiday eyes in, but I like the thought of being rewarded for working hard. Here you seem to get punished for working hard and rewarded for not working! have you ever heard people say that they can not afford to work? That happens here a lot.

Are you from the USA?

yes am from Florida to damn hot here 94 95 degrees every day

dcotter0579 10-12-2009 08:20 PM

Regarding your question on the remote locking, it's possible that the car had it originally but a previous owner lost the remotes. Your local Chrysler dealer should be able to look up the car by its VIN and find out what options it had when it left the factory. Talk to the guy behind the parts counter and see if he'll look it up for you on his computer.
Replacing and reprogramming the remotes might be a bit pricey, so be forewarned.
I believe there are aftermatket kits you can buy to provide remote locking as long as you have electric locks. It might be an alternative.

baldboab 10-13-2009 02:26 PM

Hi Dcotter I think I will check with them if not I have sourced a kit to buy but I would rather it was original save a lot of work taking the doors apart etc.

Thanks.
Robert.

matt8114 10-27-2009 01:21 PM

try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins, sometimes a fault logs against the sliding doors and it stops all th cdl working. (worth a try) there is also a reflash for body control module which could cure the problem

baldboab 11-10-2009 04:39 PM

Thanks I think I might just try that though I have noticed that some door sensors are not working. Cheers. Robert.