New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi from Glasgow Scotland I am looking for some info

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Default Hi from Glasgow Scotland I am looking for some info

I have just bought a 1998 chrysler grand voyager 3.3 ltr v6. Its an old car and I knew it would need some work but its been great to drive even if it is a bit thirsty. I was vey disappointed though that the car did not have remote central locking. All the ones I hired when on holiday in the USA had remote locking. can anyone tell me if this is an extra and if I can fit it myself. its the LX model I have bought it has pwer locks but they work from inside the car. also I am in need of a source for a bit of trim that I knew was missing any sources for this kind of stuff in the UK? oh one more thing. I live in a narrow street and need to have the mirrors collpased in at night. I can only do that from inside the car and then getting out pushes the drivers mirror back out a bit. I dont want to break it is this normal?

Thanks.
Robert.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 PM

Welcome Robert

Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 PM

Hi AZ-GTC, and thanks for the welcome. great to see such a busy forum.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 PM

Welcome to the forum Robert
love your country seen many pics love to see it myself one day

Old 10-11-2009, 01:16 AM

Hi Xfire, Thanks for the welcome. Scotland is fine for a visit and I used to be very patriotic but even I have tried to get out. We have some beautiful scenery but rubbish weather, cold and damp! I love Florida, I know I always see it with my holiday eyes in, but I like the thought of being rewarded for working hard. Here you seem to get punished for working hard and rewarded for not working! have you ever heard people say that they can not afford to work? That happens here a lot.

Are you from the USA?

Old 10-11-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by baldboab
Hi Xfire, Thanks for the welcome. Scotland is fine for a visit and I used to be very patriotic but even I have tried to get out. We have some beautiful scenery but rubbish weather, cold and damp! I love Florida, I know I always see it with my holiday eyes in, but I like the thought of being rewarded for working hard. Here you seem to get punished for working hard and rewarded for not working! have you ever heard people say that they can not afford to work? That happens here a lot.

Are you from the USA?
yes am from Florida to damn hot here 94 95 degrees every day

Old 10-12-2009, 08:20 PM

Regarding your question on the remote locking, it's possible that the car had it originally but a previous owner lost the remotes. Your local Chrysler dealer should be able to look up the car by its VIN and find out what options it had when it left the factory. Talk to the guy behind the parts counter and see if he'll look it up for you on his computer.
Replacing and reprogramming the remotes might be a bit pricey, so be forewarned.
I believe there are aftermatket kits you can buy to provide remote locking as long as you have electric locks. It might be an alternative.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM

Hi Dcotter I think I will check with them if not I have sourced a kit to buy but I would rather it was original save a lot of work taking the doors apart etc.

Thanks.
Robert.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 PM

try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins, sometimes a fault logs against the sliding doors and it stops all th cdl working. (worth a try) there is also a reflash for body control module which could cure the problem

Old 11-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Thanks I think I might just try that though I have noticed that some door sensors are not working. Cheers. Robert.