New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Johnnygreengiant

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:21 PM
Default Johnnygreengiant

Hi everyone brand new here hope someone can help me.
I'm in the UK and looking at buying a 2008 /2009 Sebring the car would be used as a taxi however the cost of tyres here as far as I can see are around £185.00 each. As I would go through 2sets a year this would prove very expensive. Can anyone advise me of any way to reduce this cost
Many thanks

Old 07-31-2013, 08:57 PM

Try contacting tirerack.com. They sell tires over the internet in the US. They have a network of installers over here but you can always find someplace to install tires. I have no idea whether they will ship tires over there. No harm in asking.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:48 AM

DCotter 0579
Thanks for that it appears they do ship to UK have emailed them for a total cost will let you know how I go on

Old 08-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Default Tyres

Hi tyre rack will ship to uk cheapest works out at around £125.00 each.
Have since found someone local @ £98.00 each which is much better but still a lot more expensive than my current Skoda £48.00 each !!.
Does make the prospect of buying a Sebring over here a liitle more attractive as they are cheap and do have the VW diesel engine [as do Skoda ]

Old 08-03-2013, 07:51 PM

Things are a lot different over here:

1. Four tires from tirerack.com for a Sebring would be a little over $100/tire, shipped.
2. There are no Sebring diesels over here
3. What's a Skoda?
4. Have never seen a Sebring taxi over here.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:23 AM

Price of fuel in the uk make diesels a popular choice £6.00 gall that's around $8 or 9.00 us.
Taxi system in uk is two fold you have hackney licenced taxis which you can stop on the street and private hire licenced taxis which you have to pre book but cannot be stopped on the street. Complicated I know but that's the uk for you. Private hire cars can be any vehicle with 4 doors or more but have to go through stringent mechanical testing 3 times a year. The fares in these are also fixed so you know how much your gonna pay before the journey starts. On hackney you pay by distance and time.
Skoda made in chekoslovakia [excuse the spelling] owned by vw and currently have a far better reputation than VWs