New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just Joined

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:06 PM
Default Just Joined

Hello.

I recently aquired an 05 pacifica as the family truckster. This is our third or fourth dodge jeep chrysler something we have owned. I am somewhat a shade tree mechanic or more likley parts changer, good idea gone awry. I was glad to find this forum hopefully you can help.

I saw posts from you guys saying both equipment needs to match as no proogramming exists and at the same time saying "ebay says will work on all all". I think if you read the rest of my postI am in on the joke? maybe.

Gotta new car why not modify it the next weekend....I had grandiose plans about using the existing DVD player with an overhead and wireless headphones. Plowing ahead, in my better judgement I ran right out on Ebay and bought a kit. Still my best thinking leading the way I negotiated the seller to sell me the lcd, remote and headset without the DVD/CD seeing as I already had the radioCD/DVD/Tape and the dvd/cd.

Oooops everthing works but the headphones.

Guess I needed that DVD player for the rf? I noticed that option 3 wire says 'I/R enable'. There is no wire there. I have looked on the internet but found no info other than the few posts in general tech on this forum.

I do posses and OBDII palm scanner not sure if it can set the signals a syncing?

Thanks in advance.....and How ya'll doin?

Old 11-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Default RE: Just Joined

Ok well, I stopped by the Stereo store, the tech and I worked out I was mincing words...they are RF headphones not IR...does this spark anything for anybody...is there an RF transmitter in the car I need to turn on?