New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New from California

Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Unhappy New from California

Hi
I just joined the forum as I am a new owner of a Chrysler 300 LX V6 2.7 17" steel wheels a real base model. I say this not as a put down but as praise for a car that I wonder what else anyone could want? I say this also knowing why different people buy all different kinds of these cars! From mine to the most expensive one.
But I do wonder what could be missing when the basic model is so much fun to drive handles like a dream and looks so much better than most of the other cookie cutter models on the road today. My intent is not to put anyone down but to think of the fun you all must have with the different upgrades you have! I am not a old foddy duddy my first car was a 61 Chevy Bel Air my second was a 65 GTO and my third was a 67 Plymouth Fury which I almost got killed in street racing! Lately we have had a 95 buick Rivera and now the Chrysler 300. Yes and a Dodge mini Van to but it had the 3.3 in it.
I was in the automotive industry for about 20 years most of which was in the Smog Check and repair and then the Test Only side of the business in California. I know enough to talk you into thinking I know more than I do and if you know nothing about a car it would be even worse for you.
The automotive industry is advancing so fast that there are things I don't know even about my own car and I have only been retired for a year now. I should say I am 62 and am on Social Security Disability this mostly because of my first job of 15 years in a grocery warehouse where I destroyed my back and both hips.
I know I will learn a lot from all of you and hope I can be of help to you!
Thank you
Hank