New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New To The Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Default New To The Forum

Hi all,
This is my first post on the Forum. Today was rather eventful; just got the VIN for my new 300. Now, unlike many of you folks, I'm not only new to Chrysler, but I'm new to domestic brands in general. I'm currently driving a 2000 Audi 2.7T 6MT, and the 300 will be my first vehicle without a clutch. I'm okay, because the model I selected offers me everything I love about my Audi. I'm sure you are more familiar with the new 300 than I am, but the Chrysler marketing team (for some unknown reason) creates ads that hardly touch upon the uniqueness of the vehicle. Before I begin, I ask for your indulgence. I will be driving my new car with the shiftable paddles; I just can't consider driving a "traditional" automatic.

Many of Chrysler's competitors offer a "manual" shifting option, but very few really offer a clutchless manual. By that I mean, other brands allow you to shift with paddles, but an electronic override kicks-in if you fail to upshift properly (in order to avoid redlining the tach). Well, the 300 offers this version, but with Sport Mode the driver is in full control of the gear ranges. This will give me the same "control" as my Audi's manual gearbox, but with two more gears and one less clutch!

The second piece of the puzzle concerns the AWD system. To my knowledge Chrysler is the first marque to offer (when driving on dry, level and uniform pavement) the option of RWD or full-time AWD (just like my Audi). Not once have I seen a Chrysler Ad tout this attribute. Hey, I'm no ad guy, but driving a Benz during the day and an Audi at night sums up the 300's capabilities, and neither of the German marques can match that. Personally, I'm so used to having torque going to both axles full-time, that the 300 will fulfill more of an emotional need than a dynamic element.

Well, it's a pleasure being a part of the forum, and I hope to exchange in dialogue with many of you. Bye for now.

Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Welcome to the forum 3004me
looks like you are a lover of cars
get back to us when you take delivery of your 300
whats your location

Old 03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Default New To The Forum

I'm located in Northwest New Jersey. And no, I don't live near "an exit". Northwest New Jersey is rural, but we gave up horse and buggy's a long time ago for just plain horsepower. I won't be taking delivery of my new 300 until some time in May, but I'll still poke around the Forum while I'm patiently waiting. Thanks for welcoming me.