New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Default New to the forum

Hello and Happy Holidays to everyone. I am new to the group. We own a 2004 Pacifica. We bought it in February of this year. I fell in love with it right away! I still love it. But I have been getting frustrated with it. I came across this forum looking for a solution to our starting problem. I was browsing through some of the posts when I found a picture of a ground that was broken. Well, my husband has been pulling his hair out of his head trying to fix this. I asked him if he had seen that wire while searching. He looked at the picture and he said he hadn't. He found it, cleaned it up and our truck starts! Hopefully this will be the solution and we don't have to go through winter fighting to start our vehicle.
It was not turning over, just clicking and sometimes it didn't even click. We cleaned up all the ground we could see and it helped, but over the past couple of days, it was really acting up. We thought possibly the starter, but when my husband used the jumper cables attaching them to the battery and block, it started. So, if it was the starter, it wouldn't have started.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this was the problem. I've got some pretty bad spine issues and have to go to the doctors a lot. I need my Pacifica since my summer car (my baby) is up for the winter.
So, thanks for the help right off the bat!! I didn't even have to ask for it LOL!!

Old 12-14-2014, 05:27 AM

Welcome to the forums