New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Here! Got an urgent little question

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2017, 08:29 AM
Default New Here! Got an urgent little question

Hey,

I'm a new member here and I've got a question that I need to know the answer of real fast, I'm a die hard mopar fan, there's a 2013 Chrysler 300 (has the Hemi) that's done only 40k miles, it's a great car and I really like it but some have warned me from their transmission, they say it's always problematic and will cost me a lot of money fixing it eventually (same thing with chargers) is it true? I hope it's not cause I really wanna get one.

Regards

Old 03-04-2017, 09:57 AM

Nobody can predict the future. Nobody here can say that your particular car is or is not going to have problems. You could look through the 300 area of the Forum and see how many people have transmission complaints. Chrysler probably built hundreds of thousands of those cars. A few may have had problems. What are the odds?

If you like the car, buy it. Any car you buy has some possibility of serious mechanical issues. If you believe there's a risk of having to pay money down the road for repairs, offer a little less for the car and bank the money, then start putting a few bucks aside each paycheck for your "car repair fund". If nothing happens, you'll have assembled a nice stash for a down payment on the next 4-wheeled love of your life.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:04 AM

That's what I'm planning to do but I was just asking like overall, are they that much of a problem?

Old 03-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

if you have a hemi you have a NAG trans

Old 06-19-2017, 08:51 PM

Just a quick update, thought that it'd help. Ended up getting an '09 Heritage and just after like one month of owning it I heard a knocking sound from the engine bay. Another problem was when I floor the car past 3k revs the check engine light comes on and the car start chiming and when I stop the whole car is vibrating like crazy, I turn it off then back on and boom nothing. Now I looked it up and found out that it's kinda common for Hemi's to have this. Some said it's because of bad oil / oil pump need replacement or if your luck is bad you need to completely disassemble the block to change the valves and guess what that's what I had to do. Also turned out now that a cylinder is misfiring. The car is in the dealer now and the fix is gonna cost something like $2000.

Last edited by TheTsTdriver; 06-19-2017 at 08:55 PM.