New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Newbie here on behalf of Parents

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Red face Newbie here on behalf of Parents

Hello all from South Jersey, My parents has this 1997 Concorde bought off the lot brand new and now is just sitting there in the driveway, wasting away, so I feel bad for it and want to fix her up for my parents. I am not a mechanic but this forum should help me with the necessary repairs. I am not sure what its problems are but my parents mentioned that it might need some suspension work and top end engine work, oil leak coming somewhere from there, so there, hope this forum full of great people with full range of knowledge towards those line of cars are able to assist me towards a great running car! Thank you all and good day.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM

You have to be a bit more specific in your questions... i.e. this item doesn't work, etc.
You don't mention mileage, however being a '97 it is very possible that it needs new struts all around. Possibly tie rod ends and/or a steering rack too.
Oil leak could be as simple as valve cover gaskets, or ??? First step might be to clean up the engine really well - it could be a very minor leak.... but 15 years of buildup.
Just cleaning it up really well & if the paint isn't peeling - a really nice cleaning & wax job will improve the perception of the car (i.e. a clean old car always runs better than a dirty old car).

Old 05-23-2012, 05:06 PM

Hook up a code reader and pull the error codes. Come back with them.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Not being a mechanic could make it difficult I am fortunate to have some good buddies that are mechanically inclined.My advice would be start with the easy stuff,take your time and start reading lots.