New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

No Reverse

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 02:02 AM
Default No Reverse

Good morning everybody! I have just signed up to become a new member. One of the many vehicles that we currently own is a 1995 Chrysler LHS (New Yorker). The car is equipped with a 3.5 Litre V6 with an automatic overdrive transaxle (42LE/A606). The problem is that the transmission has no reverse gear whatsoever. It engages and shifts properly through all forward gears. When you go from Park to reverse it feels like it engages with a slight RPM drop but does not move whatsoever. Fluid levels are good and condition is good. I have performed a DTC scan and initially only got what was called a Ignition Count 1. The car did have a dead battery prior to this scan and did require boosting to start. It also asked Gear N?? and Park/Neut on? I had then cleared codes and rescanned it say Ignition Count 0. I really believe that I have a problem with the reverse clutch, any guests. I did run one additional scan in which is showed the following: 22 2-4 Pressure Switch Circuit and also 42 2-4 Pressure Switch Circuit. I am not really sure what codes 22 and 42 second and fourth gears have got to do with reverse gear? I had then cleared these codes and they have not come up sense on any additional scans. I was going to pull the transmission tomorrow morning and start to go through it again thinking that again I have a reverse clutch problem. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated ASAP before I proceed. Thank you looking forward to any feedback. Have a great day!