New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

please help

  #1  
Old 10-17-2018, 10:31 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Question please help

hello everyone i have a 2008 sebring Lt 3.6L v6 i only get heat on the driverside the fliud is fill and i just change the thermostat and antifreeze and did a flush so what could my problem be water pump or heater core ????????????????????? thank you
 
  #2  
Old 10-17-2018, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 803
Default

Originally Posted by klk1983 View Post
hello everyone i have a 2008 sebring Lt 3.6L v6 i only get heat on the driverside the fliud is fill and i just change the thermostat and antifreeze and did a flush so what could my problem be water pump or heater core ????????????????????? thank you
Welcome to the forum...
Unfotunately that is the sign of a clogged HEATER CORE. The 08-14 Sebring/200/Avengers are notorious for that. Pretty hefty job to do, Evacuate the a/c, remove the complete dash and HVAC box to get to the heater core.
 
  #3  
Old 10-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Default

well i dont think that because i had heat before i did the work i was talking about
 
  #4  
Old 10-17-2018, 11:32 AM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 5
Question

Originally Posted by REBEL59 View Post
Welcome to the forum...
Unfotunately that is the sign of a clogged HEATER CORE. The 08-14 Sebring/200/Avengers are notorious for that. Pretty hefty job to do, Evacuate the a/c, remove the complete dash and HVAC box to get to the heater core.
I had heat right after i did the workmon the car for about two weeks then it was hot where i live intell now so i dont know what it could be ive also been working on cars for 15 plus yrs
 
  #5  
Old 10-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Western NY
Posts: 803
Default

Originally Posted by klk1983 View Post
I had heat right after i did the workmon the car for about two weeks then it was hot where i live intell now so i dont know what it could be ive also been working on cars for 15 plus yrs
Sorry, you did not say that. Just posted of what you did. you either have air entrapment, or your flush pushed crud into the heater core, as it is a continuous flow design.. Try a burp of the system and if that doesn't work, find the 2 heater core hoses at the firewall and backflush the core. All the same the core is a known problem for clogging and the first sign is heat only on the drivers side, it has to do with the way the core's 2 pipes and way the core lays in the HVAC box. And good for your 15 plus years of auto work, I started full toime in 1975 and continue now with mine and family members cars. Good Luck!
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
musicfreak2195
Chrysler 200 & Sebring
2
06-03-2009 08:43 PM
cnixon
Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
4
06-11-2008 10:41 AM
firebiz16
Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country
3
02-06-2006 06:30 PM
stiffler30174
300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker
0
11-06-2005 08:02 PM
fred
300M, Concorde, LHS, New Yorker
1
07-27-2005 11:26 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: please help


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.