New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

popped in to say Hi

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Default popped in to say Hi

just called in to say Hi--------I have an '05 Grand Voyager diesel, and I could really do with the knowledge of some of you more experienced owners
Nigel

Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 AM

Welcome to the forum, Nigel. There are several members here with diesel minivans, but as Chrysler never sold them in the US, you won't get much help from this side of the pond. Never fear though, the guys that can help are the ones that speak your language. They say things like "tyre" and "whilst" and "cheers" so you'll feel right at home! We're all glad to have you aboard.

Old 02-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by dcotter0579
Welcome to the forum, Nigel. There are several members here with diesel minivans, but as Chrysler never sold them in the US, you won't get much help from this side of the pond. Never fear though, the guys that can help are the ones that speak your language. They say things like "tyre" and "whilst" and "cheers" so you'll feel right at home! We're all glad to have you aboard.
Thanks awefully for the welcome!!!!!---------------We also run our camper's stove on gas and (if they were not diesels) I would put petrol in the fuel tanks.
We have a true story about Detroit-------our map showed a ferry going from Detroit to Canada-----so trying to find it (which we did) we found ourselves in a REALLY dodgy looking area-------then the guy in the ferry office said that they just take 'dangerous' cargo------I said that my wife was so stressed-out trying to find this ferry---she could be pretty dangerous---------then he pointed out that there was a bridge that we should use-------all the access roads (on-ramps) to join the road that leads to the bridge were shut due to road works-----we got there in the end---and were quite relieved to get into Canada
Nigel

Old 02-16-2013, 09:37 AM

I can't believe you could look at a map and not see both the bridge AND the tunnel to Canada. There hasn't been a passenger ferry between Detroit and Windsor (Canada) for over 80 years.

By the way, did you notice that when you travel from Detroit to Canada you are going South?

Old 02-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Hi
Funny when we look back I don't think our Wally-map was that old
I didn't notice which way we were going---but we finished up in Canada
Maybe if we had used our sat-nav (gps) it would have found a bridge
Nigel

Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 AM

Post some photos!