New Member Area New to CF? Stop in tell us about you.

Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 06:35 AM
Default Voyager

Have a 02 voyager 3,3. A week ago i was trying to change the radio in my car. Found that my car had a different wiring than the radio i wanted to install, so i put it all back. When finished, i noted that the interior lights did not come on when i opened the door. He power sliding doors din not work, and the tailgate did not open. The remote doorlocks did not work. When i turned on the ign key, the gauges went to top, and back to zero. With the ign on the power sliding doors works and the int lights too. The remote doorlocks dont work, only the lock button on the door works. Car starts and runs as normal, but when i turn of the ignition, the gauges stays on for 3-5 sec before they turn of. Can somebody tell me what have happened

Old 05-05-2017, 06:14 PM

Check the IOD fuse.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:44 AM

If the IOD fuse is burned, will it still send power whwen the ignition is on? I suspect that i have a ground problen somewhere in the inst panel, or behind the radio aera. But i'll take a loock at the fuse first.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:36 PM

Yes, the rest of the car works quite well with the IOD fuse pulled. Costs nothing to check it.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the tip😊Will check it first. Hope it's that simple, but with my luck i guess it can be something else.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Can i ask what IOD means. What is the purpose to this fuse, when mostly anything works well without it. Is it ment to protect functions that works when the ignition is off?

Old 05-06-2017, 04:20 PM

"Ignition Off Draw." It controls things like the clock in the radio, power seat, remote keyless entry. The idea is that when the car is sitting in the dealer's lot, waiting for a buyer, the dealer pops out the IOD fuse so the battery doesn't get run down. It usually has a set of "ears" on it so it can be easily popped out and put back without any tools. In my Sebring, it was located in the fuse panel at the end of the dashboard. I would assume a similar location in your Voyager.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:28 PM

Heeeeeey🍾 Thanks for good help🤝 Changed the fuse, and everything is working as it should😃Never in my life did i belive it could be so easy. You're an angel🤗

Old 05-06-2017, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for coming back to tell us of your success. Everyone loves a story with a happy ending.