Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam (https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/chrysler-maximum-care-scam-16469/)

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 12-30-2011 10:45 AM

Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam

I bought this plan for $2,600 for 3 years of coverage with the $100 deductible, as part of the procedure you are required to do a vehicle inspection to make sure there aren't preexisting conditions, so there goes another $100. A month later I have a claim and take it to the dealer. They don't tell you that they have 24-48 hours to respond and approve your claim, so take whatever time it takes the dealer to determine the issue, then and on 48 hours, so you are basically looking at 3 days without your vehicle before the dealer either gets the ok or not ok to do the repair. It turns out that I have several mechanical issues which totals up to $3,700 of repairs, well Chrysler decides that they are going to DENY ALL OF THEM as they are all PREXISTING CONDITIONS! What a scam, don't waste your money, I am planning on filing a civil lawsuit as I followed the requirements of the program and was approved for the plan until I had a claim that exceeded the value of my payment.

Anyone else with similar experiences, feel free to add on.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-30-2011 05:43 PM

humm there has to be more to it then this

TNtech 12-30-2011 06:30 PM

There is no prior approval required from Chrysler for any repair under warranty OR service contract IF the repair is under $6000 total.

You need to list specifics of the problem you ran into instead of venting and maybe someone can advise you how to proceed. Like the previous post, there has to be more to this. I have yet to run into an issue with warranty or service contract denying a claim unless there was blatant abuse/neglect, wreck damage or obvious attempted fraud involved.

Now, if the selling dealer botched the inspection for some reason, then you go after them. There is a reason Chrysler is not paying.

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 12-30-2011 08:55 PM

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam

I am not sure what else there is to add. I took the car to a GMC/Chrysler dealership, had them do an inspection, pd $100 they found a couple things wrong, we fixed those items and bought the warranty. Drove the GMC for about a month, took it to another GMC dealer, had $3700 worth of issues, mechanical, GMC called in the 800 number 48 hrs later, inspector showed up, the next day he called back and denied all claims saying they were preexisting. The whole point of having the inspection done is to avoid this whole issue. I followed the dealership (GMC/Chryslers) procedure to the T including paying the entire coverage fee in full up front.

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 12-30-2011 08:59 PM

Please let me know what other specifics you are needing for further guidance.

CHRYSLER TECH 12-30-2011 09:28 PM

Hold up a sec this is on a GM car not a Chrysler???? If that is the case u don't have a Chrysler contract u have an aftermarket warranty sold to u by sales man. U can not sell a Chrysler service contract on anything but a Chrysler. They run vin numbers and labor ops for Chrysler stuff only. U bought an aftermarket contract through some one else go check your paperwork.

TNtech 12-31-2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH (Post 57188)
Hold up a sec this is on a GM car not a Chrysler???? If that is the case u don't have a Chrysler contract u have an aftermarket warranty sold to u by sales man. U can not sell a Chrysler service contract on anything but a Chrysler. They run vin numbers and labor ops for Chrysler stuff only. U bought an aftermarket contract through some one else go check your paperwork.

Yeppers.

What repair did they deny and why? Year model and make? Chrysler would not have sent an inspector out. They don't have people that do that unless it is a situation like a car fire or something spectacular.

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 12-31-2011 05:17 PM

It is indeed a Chrysler Maximum care warranty, they do and have been for quite awhile offer warranty's for other makes as well, it is backed by Chrysler. Rear Transmission pump seal, pitman arm, idler arm, intermediate shaft, rear shock, blower motor and a few others, all items listed as covered by the plan.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-01-2012 01:59 AM

Sorry guy its not a Chrysler contract not a real Chrysler contract. There is no way I can get your GM and run the vin and it tell me what is or is not covered and why do u ask that its because Chrysler only has Chrysler vin numbers not GM. U have an aftermarket contract sold by a Chrysler/gm dealer. Just because the letter head may say Chrysler/gm on the top does not mean its by Chrysler them self Plus the 1 800 number u are talking about a real Chrysler contract does not need any phone number to call up they are all web based systems and all of the warranty info is processed through that system not a 1 800 number.

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 01-01-2012 07:32 AM

I don't know how many times I can tell you it is a Chrysler warranty. The contract is from Chrysler, I can go on the Chrysler website and enter my contract number and it pulls it up, and I can take the truck to a Chrylser dealer which I did on Saturday and they can pull it up on their system. They entered a few of the items and it shows up on their system as a covered item. It sits at the Chrysler dealer until Tuesday, and then they will tell me again if it is covered or not.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-01-2012 09:55 AM

what is the last 9 of your vin and currant miles?

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 01-02-2012 02:22 PM

The Chrysler shop that I took the GMC to on Saturday called me this afternoon. This is the dealership that sold me the Chrysler warranty to start with. They said that the repairs are now covered and that they are taking care of the issues. It is unfortunate that I had to drive 3 hours to the dealership where I bought the warranty from to get the repairs to go thru, however I am relieved to hear that they are taking care of the issues and that the warranty is now covering the issues. The suggestion that I have for anyone buying this warranty is to buy it from the closest Chrysler dealer to you, not where you buy your vehicle. Also, if you need to have a repair done, even though the contract says you can take it to any ASE shop, that you take it to a Chrysler dealership to avoid the hassles and amount of time that I have experienced.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-02-2012 10:24 PM

THIS IS NOT A CHRYSLER CONTRACT. Only a dealer can use Chrysler contracts no normal joe blow shop can use a Chrysler contract especially when u have a freeking GMC car.

Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam 01-03-2012 07:53 AM

Kevin,
Read the contract. Here is a link to Chrylsers website in which I enter my service contract info. Also you will see that it can be authorized at other dealerships/repair facilities as well. Is this freeking good enough for you, if you don't have anything valuable to add, stay off they thread.

Why Chrysler Service Contracts | Chrysler

Service at any Dealership

Chrysler Service Contracts are honored at any Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® dealership throughout North America. And under certain conditions, we will also authorize service at independent repair facilities. Other contract providers may limit you to their list of repair facilities, or in many cases, to a single dealership.

TNtech 01-03-2012 08:44 AM

You could have taken it to ANY Chrysler dealer. Is 3 hours the closest one? As far as ASE goes, that sign doesn't mean anything hanging on a shop wall or outside. I've been an ASE Master since a month after I got out of tech school 23 years ago. I wouldn't blame them for sending an inspector out to a non Chrysler dealer. That is the only place that meets their standards.

CHRYSLER TECH 01-03-2012 10:26 AM

ok u have fun with it I will let others have there hand in this.

2007300C57 02-10-2023 11:00 AM

Really, you sound to me to be very one sided in your response. FCA is repeatedly denying folks claims and you making a blanket statements does not dismiss or disprove any of the hundreds if not thousands of claims. Yes there is a reason they are not paying these claims. It is because they are a huge powerful corporation that has plenty of lawyers making statements to judges and many of their statements are denied by judges. Even though that last sentence was a bit unclear. I will clarify, I think you are being completely one sided and you seem to be representing the dismissive attitude of corporate America that is displayed in any instance where culpability is in question. .

Curious Joe 03-15-2023 05:31 PM

A really old thread. Last year, I bought the 8 year 60,000 miles Mopar MaxCare Plan and MVP Multicare Plus Plan (both $0 deductible) for $50 over invoice, or $2,200 for both. 2020 300s V8 Alloy Edition. I have complete confidence in the car but I'm up in age and want to keep the car in the family should I pass. If the family still chooses to sell the car, the additional Mopar Warranty should increase the car's value and can be transferred for $50.

I've noticed in the Mopar forums that people who have problems with the warranty or dealer are either poor writers or aren't telling the whole story. Sadly, some people are led to believe the warranties will cover items/situations they were never meant to cover.

CHRYSLER TECH 03-16-2023 11:35 AM

WHo sounds to be one sided in this matter?

dcotter0579 04-15-2023 02:29 PM

When you buy one of these service plans, you are not buying a "warranty". You are buying a pre-paid service contract. In other words, you and the seller of the contract are betting against each other that the car will or will not have problems that will exceed the value of the contract. The people that sell these contracts are not stupid. They are in the business to make money. They have a great deal of data and experience that they use to price these things out. You are betting against the house when you spend that money.

Curious Joe 04-16-2023 11:39 AM

Mopar MaxCare

Originally Posted by dcotter0579 (Post 124107)
When you buy one of these service plans, you are not buying a "warranty". You are buying a pre-paid service contract. In other words, you and the seller of the contract are betting against each other that the car will or will not have problems that will exceed the value of the contract. The people that sell these contracts are not stupid. They are in the business to make money. They have a great deal of data and experience that they use to price these things out. You are betting against the house when you spend that money.

True, or look at 'extended warranties' as 'insurance policies', which is basically what they are. I live in North Carolina and bought my 300S new from a dealer in Tennessee. Bought the Mopar MaxCare Plan and the Mopar MVP Multicare Plus Plans from a dealership in Iowa - the only dealer I'm aware of that offered the Mopar plans at $50 over invoice.

Bought a similar Ford PremiumCare Plus Plan from the same dealer group in Iowa for my 2019 Ranger Lariat at $50 over cost also. The Ford Plan was substantially less expensive than the Mopar Plan, despite Ranger having the complete 'Technology Package', turbocharged motor, 4WD, etc. my 2020 300S doesn't have. Guessing those pesky 'insurance tables' were just less favorable for the Mopar product.

As an interesting side note, a 'lane departure guide' display illuminated on my Ranger Lariat shortly after the PremiumCare Plus was activated. Only came on previously when the electronic nannies were activated. Did Ford send a signal to my Ranger? Only Ford knows. Did Mopar send any similar signal to my 300S after MaxCare was activated? Only Mopar knows.

Both vehicles continue to improve with age, as they continue their respective 'break in' processes.