Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam's Avatar
Default Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam

I bought this plan for $2,600 for 3 years of coverage with the $100 deductible, as part of the procedure you are required to do a vehicle inspection to make sure there aren't preexisting conditions, so there goes another $100. A month later I have a claim and take it to the dealer. They don't tell you that they have 24-48 hours to respond and approve your claim, so take whatever time it takes the dealer to determine the issue, then and on 48 hours, so you are basically looking at 3 days without your vehicle before the dealer either gets the ok or not ok to do the repair. It turns out that I have several mechanical issues which totals up to $3,700 of repairs, well Chrysler decides that they are going to DENY ALL OF THEM as they are all PREXISTING CONDITIONS! What a scam, don't waste your money, I am planning on filing a civil lawsuit as I followed the requirements of the program and was approved for the plan until I had a claim that exceeded the value of my payment.

Anyone else with similar experiences, feel free to add on.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

humm there has to be more to it then this

Old 12-30-2011, 06:30 PM

There is no prior approval required from Chrysler for any repair under warranty OR service contract IF the repair is under $6000 total.

You need to list specifics of the problem you ran into instead of venting and maybe someone can advise you how to proceed. Like the previous post, there has to be more to this. I have yet to run into an issue with warranty or service contract denying a claim unless there was blatant abuse/neglect, wreck damage or obvious attempted fraud involved.

Now, if the selling dealer botched the inspection for some reason, then you go after them. There is a reason Chrysler is not paying.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-30-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Default Chrysler Maximium Care is a Scam

I am not sure what else there is to add. I took the car to a GMC/Chrysler dealership, had them do an inspection, pd $100 they found a couple things wrong, we fixed those items and bought the warranty. Drove the GMC for about a month, took it to another GMC dealer, had $3700 worth of issues, mechanical, GMC called in the 800 number 48 hrs later, inspector showed up, the next day he called back and denied all claims saying they were preexisting. The whole point of having the inspection done is to avoid this whole issue. I followed the dealership (GMC/Chryslers) procedure to the T including paying the entire coverage fee in full up front.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:59 PM

Please let me know what other specifics you are needing for further guidance.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hold up a sec this is on a GM car not a Chrysler???? If that is the case u don't have a Chrysler contract u have an aftermarket warranty sold to u by sales man. U can not sell a Chrysler service contract on anything but a Chrysler. They run vin numbers and labor ops for Chrysler stuff only. U bought an aftermarket contract through some one else go check your paperwork.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Hold up a sec this is on a GM car not a Chrysler???? If that is the case u don't have a Chrysler contract u have an aftermarket warranty sold to u by sales man. U can not sell a Chrysler service contract on anything but a Chrysler. They run vin numbers and labor ops for Chrysler stuff only. U bought an aftermarket contract through some one else go check your paperwork.

Yeppers.

What repair did they deny and why? Year model and make? Chrysler would not have sent an inspector out. They don't have people that do that unless it is a situation like a car fire or something spectacular.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-31-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:17 PM

It is indeed a Chrysler Maximum care warranty, they do and have been for quite awhile offer warranty's for other makes as well, it is backed by Chrysler. Rear Transmission pump seal, pitman arm, idler arm, intermediate shaft, rear shock, blower motor and a few others, all items listed as covered by the plan.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry guy its not a Chrysler contract not a real Chrysler contract. There is no way I can get your GM and run the vin and it tell me what is or is not covered and why do u ask that its because Chrysler only has Chrysler vin numbers not GM. U have an aftermarket contract sold by a Chrysler/gm dealer. Just because the letter head may say Chrysler/gm on the top does not mean its by Chrysler them self Plus the 1 800 number u are talking about a real Chrysler contract does not need any phone number to call up they are all web based systems and all of the warranty info is processed through that system not a 1 800 number.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM

I don't know how many times I can tell you it is a Chrysler warranty. The contract is from Chrysler, I can go on the Chrysler website and enter my contract number and it pulls it up, and I can take the truck to a Chrylser dealer which I did on Saturday and they can pull it up on their system. They entered a few of the items and it shows up on their system as a covered item. It sits at the Chrysler dealer until Tuesday, and then they will tell me again if it is covered or not.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Maximum Care is a Scam