Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
25.00%
Yes, but this is not enough.
75.00%
No
0%
No, but something needs to be done.
0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Do you support a border fence between Mexico and the United States?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 04:49 AM
Administrator
Default Do you support a border fence between Mexico and the United States?

Updated: 09:30 AM EST
Mexico Criticizes U.S. Immigration Bill for Security Focus
Measure Would OK Partial Fence on Border, Impact Worker Permits
By IOAN GRILLO, AP

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/ar...00010000000001

MEXICO CITY (Dec. 17) - The Mexican government slammed the U.S. Congress for approving an immigration bill that would tighten border controls and make it harder for undocumented immigrants to get jobs.

The House of Representatives voted 239-182 in favor of measures that would enlist military and local law enforcement to help stop illegal entrants and require employers to verify the legal status of their workers.

The House also authorized the building of a fence along parts of the U.S.-Mexico border, but did not include any new temporary work program for migrants, something Mexico insists is needed.

"The government of Mexico ... believes that a reform which only considers security measures will not contribute to a better, more integral bilateral management of migration issues," the Foreign Relations department said in a statement.

"The U.S. executive branch publicly expressed its commitment to an integral immigration reform, with a new program for temporary workers," the statement continued. "The Mexican government will redouble its efforts to achieve this shared goal."

President Bush urged Congress almost two years ago to enact a guest worker program that would allow illegal immigrants to stay in the country temporarily to fill jobs unwanted by Americans.

House leaders wouldn't allow a vote on a volatile proposal to deny citizenship to babies born in the United States to illegal immigrants.

But the House did approve building 700 miles of fence along the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexico border, giving priority for construction in Laredo, Texas. The city is across the border from Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, where warring drug cartels have been blamed for more than 140 killings this year.

Mexico argues existing barriers built along heavily crossed sections of the border have not stopped migrants from crossing, rather have pushed them through more desolate, dangerous areas.

A record number of more than 415 people died crossing the border illegally in 2005, according to statistics from the U.S. Border Patrol for the fiscal year ending Sept. 30. That compares to the previous record of 383 deaths in 2000.

Mexico's National Human Rights Commission described the U.S. measure as "part of a tendency to criminalize migration with a wall that calls to mind the Berlin Wall."

As well as building a wall, the bill would require the Defense and Homeland Security departments to design a plan to use military technology to stop illegal crossings and require all employers in the country, more than 7 million, to check the legal status of workers.

U.S. authorities estimate there are about 11 million undocumented migrants in the United States, about half of whom are Mexican.

Associated Press Writer Olga Rodriguez contributed to this story from Monterrey.

12/17/05 01:10 EST

Old 12-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Do you support a border fence between Mexico and the United States?

i just think that we should hire hunters...to thin out the population...

Old 12-23-2005, 02:50 PM

I dont know how many people here have played comand and conquer,.. but we need to put those tesla coils up to keep those illegals OUT!!! Don't try to tell me it's fantasy either... We can do it, but they would get really expensive...
Long Link

This would be sweet... Line bunch of these f**ckers on the border, and light em up..

Old 12-24-2005, 11:12 PM

i like the hiring a hunter idea. only let in the cute girls ages like 13 to about 21!

Old 12-24-2005, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

A fence is a stupid idea, the only thing it will do is slow them down a little. The fence is going to have huge holes cut into it and parts damaged if they do put it up, making its use useless.

-Matt-

Old 12-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: jrandis04

i like the hiring a hunter idea. only let in the cute girls ages like 13 to about 21!
18-24 is good for me.

I agree to anything they do to keep the illgals out...

Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

i more strongly support a fence between WV and the rest of the us

Old 12-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

And Cali!!

-Matt-

Old 12-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Administrator

You can throw in Cali, Arizona etc with Mexico for me...

Old 01-02-2006, 04:50 PM
Administrator

if we caged in cali and arizona, we would miss out on seeing the cardinals play!

Quick Reply: Do you support a border fence between Mexico and the United States?