Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Meteorite hunters

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
Default Meteorite hunters

Seems like this is the new "get-rich-quick" scheme... I found myself in the midst of one of these hunts last night.... I was pretty sure we weren't going to find it, but they are kind of fun. There is a lot of open land out here in Texas, so you can imagine me in my new Z71 tearin *** across a field, looking for a meteorite...

Just to clue those in who have no idea what's going on (all of you)... Last night I looked up to see the sky light up and an asteroid come ripping across the sky at an ungodly rate of speed... It was myself, and 5 other redneck friends... let me first try to describe the intensity of it... The sky lights up like daytime, and it sounds like a jumbo jet rocketing over our heads, just as this thing passes, we feel this warm gust of wind... I mean a lot of wind, like tornado wind... I felt my gut wrench as I watched this thing rocket over us... This thing flies off into this field behind our neighborhood, so my first thought was, let's go get it... I called some more redneck hunters and we grabbed flashlights, shovels, gloves, some food, and my big *** truck... We burned up gas for about 4 hours covering all the land we could in my truck, Jeremy's dodge 4X4, shawn's Bronco, and Jimmy's Z71... (jimmy is the guy that talked me into wanting a truck as bad as I did) same truck and evrything) Needless to say, we found nothing,.. but we plan on hitting it back up tonight to see if we can find it... this was the most amazing thing I've ever seen... ever...

Old 11-15-2005, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Meteorite hunters

I heard the earth is traveling through a bunch of space debris, which is probably the reason for the meteorites in Tx. Sounds fun though, I would have probably done the same thing by looking for them.

-Matt-

Old 11-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

I heard the earth is traveling through a bunch of space debris, which is probably the reason for the meteorites in Tx. Sounds fun though, I would have probably done the same thing by looking for them.
And hey if you don't find anything, atleast you had fun ripping up mud in your truck!

Old 11-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

True that!

-Matt-

Old 11-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Yeah, that's all I was in it for... I told the guys that were going, that if we found it, all I wanted was a lift kit, some bigger tires and a full tank of gas.... not a bad trade... I love my truck... I got it stuck on this mountain of mulch yesterday...

Old 11-17-2005, 01:33 AM
Administrator

I'd ask for more than that...

Old 11-17-2005, 12:28 PM

Oh definately, I was just just kind of saying the first thing I would buy, and then I would probably blow the rest on my girlfriend...

Old 11-18-2005, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Hmmm I would go another way with it.

I'd buy my girl a necklace and blow the rest on ME!

Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM

some people are like that, but I like your thinking mignight... I don't really want a whole lot.. just one thing I can add little things to make it more fun.... But I want more than anything for Valerie to be happy, no matter what it takes..

Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Administrator

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!