Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

SRT Vehicles

Old 06-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator
Default SRT Vehicles

I was just realizing that I've only seen three on the road, a charger, Ram and Viper. Do you guys think having the SRT line is useful to DC? Surely it has to be expensive, and considering so few of their vehicles are on the road it's gotta pass through your mind.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Default RE: SRT Vehicles

Maybe you're not in the right place... Down here in Florida... I've seen many...

Countless SRT-4's, 20+ Ram SRT-10's, about 3 Magnum SRT-8's; and atleast 1 or 2 of every other SRT... The only SRT I have yet to see, is a GC SRT-8...

They sell many... People just don't take out their SRT's as much as others... They are precious...

DCX would lose a lot of customers, if they dropped the SRT line now...

Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 AM

The SRT line is actually what is bringing out alot of enthusiasts and also people who would consider say the BMW 750 which is what the 300 SRT8 goes up against. The Grand Cherokee we can't keep down here! The GC SRT8 flys off my lot at a premium of 10 G's! The GC goes up against the Porche Cayanne(sp) Turbo for 1/2 the price. Plus in a GC SRT being at a stop sign revving the engine people stare in AWWW! Here in Vegas the SRT lines are everywhere! Plus what alot of my customers have told me alot of them say they just LOVE the looks on peoples faces when they blow away Vettes in a 300..lol. Also with the up and coming Caliber SRT4 at 300 hp is pretty competitive with other 'tuner' vehicles. The SRT line is VERY alive here in vegas!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

consider say the BMW 750 which is what the 300 SRT8 goes up against
The only biff I have against the 300 SRT-8 going up against a full blown luxury car is that BMW is a leader. They've made developments other car manufacturers haven't, thus the others follow. Chrysler seems to be one of those following companies, but following Mercedes. The 300 also has cheap interior, which will be changed on the 07 model I believe. Except those things I agree with you 100%

Maybe you're not in the right place...
Probably not, but the SRT-4's are somewhat popular around here. Forgot to mention them.

Old 06-16-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

i see tons of SRT vehicles around here...

something else to consider, SRT is just a name that they are using...its a marketing tool. its just a performance division...its always been around, they just put a name to it to work with the name of the cars.

Old 06-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Well you have to look at it in this perspective, vipergts, the SRT edition really is nothing more than a "best options you can have for this vehicle line". Okay think of this. Back before the 2002-2005 generation of rams, we had the older brand which i am not very familiar with. Their best engine offer at the time was a v10. You didn't see many of that around, did you? Think of it that way, in my point of view SRT is nothing more than a vehicle that has the best engine, and almost all available options thrown in on it. Normally, you don't see fully-loaded (TRULY fully-loaded) vehicles of any kind anywhere, so basically that's what dodge did was make it when you buy the best stuff for your vehicle, you basically get an SRT badge. You can't buy a ram with the viper engine in it without it having everything else thrown in and labeled SRT-10. The badge SRT is a marketing tool to try to get people to spend that extra money and buy all that stuff. You can also imagine they are getting more customers to buy the best stuff for each vehicle by using the SRT thing they have giong on. Like badstratrt said, its a marketing tool. If they didn't have it, they would be like every other manufacturer whose customers are no-so-enthusiastic about buying fully-loaded vehicles. So basically, SRT is benefiting them more than its likeliness to being a bothersome waste of time. I don't think Dodge will plan on getting rid of SRT any day soon, even though personally, i havent seen but one SRT vehicle out there before... a RAM srt-10. But that could probably be because of me not paying attention and the fact that i only pay attention to rams... lol. Im sure there's more out there than what I have seen.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:18 PM

I agree that its a marketing tool. However, with these vehicles actually being being tested by professional race drivers tuned and modified for racing specs. Also when a person purchases a vehicle they are also invited to the SRT track experience to actually learn how to these vehicles handle move etc etc.. The SRT brand was actually something different a few years ago and what became of that was the prowler and some other vehicles I can't remember..lol.
Nick